[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC part picker for phones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: new-site.jpg (26KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
new-site.jpg
26KB, 800x450px
Do you think there will be a time where there will a market for building your own phone? Sites like PC part picker have made it easier and easier to build a PC. Do you think there will be one for phones one day? Any of you don't do you think there will be a time that building your own phone would be a plausible option?
>>
>>61600222
Morons like Motorola already fell for that meme. Unsuccessfully.
>>
what are you seriously trying to do with your phone? hack nasa or someshit?

It surely can't be for the mobile games....right?
>>
Probably not considering phones are aimed at the normie market and manofacturers can make bank with jewish practices like soldered components instead of modular designs
Oh is your battery not the same in your 2016 model? well we just released the 2017 model my friend only $799 or (((free))) with a 2 years contract
>>
>>61600236
Fair point. Do you think people aren't ready for it or is it just a problem with how they went about it?
>>
>>61600257
No it was more aimed at the cheaper phone parts than fully built phone thought process
>>
>>61600259
The tech isn't there. Rushed out the gate.
>>
I doubt it. Normalfags want small and thin smartphones and that process also means very small and fragile components that are easily broken if you don't know what you're doing. Sure, you could, if supplied with everything, build your own smartphone with your own specs but you would actually need some degree of knowledge of hardware repair, something the average person doesn't have. What makes PC building so lucrative now is because building a PC is effectively grown up legos, practically anyone can do it.

Now on the other hand if you provided a service where you could go online and customize your own smartphone with a custom casing, specs, ram, rom, etc and the provider built it for you in-house and shipped it to you there could be a business opportunity to be had.
>>
>>61600498
I'd pay money for this
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.