[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can c# be compiled down to a native binary? Or something like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: mai waifu.jpg (156KB, 1920x1080px)
mai waifu.jpg
156KB, 1920x1080px
can c# be compiled down to a native binary?
Or something like llvm?

I just want a way to do true RAD but with native performance.

I don't mind if there is no garbage collector and I have to somehow free every object I create.
>>
File: 224760.jpg (644KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
224760.jpg
644KB, 1920x1080px
bumpo
>>
>>61598236
What the motherfucking shit is RAD?
>>
>>61598236
C# is just a language. If you make a compiler that write machine code directly yes no problem but currently afaik the only compiler is msbuild who build msil code for net.

I didn't checked what vcore does, as it's Linux native but Its probably the same kind of machine running mail on Linux.
>>
>>61598236
You can in theory, but you'd lose a lot of the .Net platform features so what would be the point? Just go write C++ or Go.
>>
>>61598236
.Net Native
>>
Try Delphi (Object Pascal), compiles to native code and has a power IDE/debugger. Either torrent embarcadero Delphi or use the open source Lazarus IDE. Also the creator of Delphi is the very same as of C# so there are similarities.

>>61598760
rapid application development
>>
>>61598815
I don't care about the .net framework.
Besides, most of it is opensource and written in c# too, so it could be recompiled...

c++ is "ugly" in comparison
, go is trash
>>
>>61599013
I've used Delphi, but I don't want to use a language/framework that stopped evolving

>>61598798
there are 3 compilers I know of,
>the traditional csc.exe
> the opernsouce csc.exe based on roslyin
>the mono project's mcs

a bit of research yielded this:
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/advanced/mono-llvm/

apparently mono is working on an llvm frontend.
so, c# would be compiled down to machine the same way c is with clang.
>>
>>61599152
Yea dunno.
Don't know how mono is it's days, it didn't used to be the best.
>>
>>61598236
it is compiled to a native binary you dumbass
and what does "speed" have to do with it
>>
>>61598236
You're looking for C++.
>>
>>61599534
its not, its compiled to IL, that is JITed at runtime.

"speed" usually means performing the same task in the least amounts of cpu cycles.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.