[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WELCOME TOTITANTHE BEGINNING OF THEEND OF SURVEILLANCE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Download-6.png (10KB, 370x368px) Image search: [Google]
Download-6.png
10KB, 370x368px
>Titan is an encrypted communications platform that allows you to chat, message, and transfer files without fear of data collection or surveillance.

https://eijah.com/
https://twitter.com/demon_saw/

Launching today. Thoughts /g/?
>>
How is it better than Tox?

>inb4 yet another half-assed encrypted chat app that nobody will use because none of their friends do
>>
File: standards.png (24KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
standards.png
24KB, 500x283px
XMPP is still good enough
>>
>>61597096
So true. The masses just don't give a fuck
>>
>>61597265
No it isn't. You have to trust the server. Even with OTR you leak metadata.
>>
How it's different from Skype?
>>
>will be donated to Queercon, helping to support diversity and inclusion in Technology.
>>
>>61596415
Why not Matrix?
>>
>>61596415
But is it free software?
>>
AFAIK Tox(ic) and Matrix are the two best protocols right now. Neither of them have any sort of significant security or privacy concerns, and neither lack important features (though current Tox clients don't support multi-device accounts, and I haven't used Matrix myself).

Making new ones at this point is pretty pointless. Improve the above two if you want, or even better, get people to use them - their major shortcoming over other (usually botnet) messaging solutions is their lack of adoption. Making a new one won't help solve this problem.
>>
>Making a new one won't help solve this problem.

Great way to foster an attitude of "Oh fuck it, this is good enough..." when it's really not and neither are either of the protocols you mentioned/referred to.

You obviously don't know anything about Titan yet, neither do the rest of us, so take your negativity and stuff it till we all know more.
>>
>>61596415
>as we partner with Queercon to celebrate the launch of Titan, a new privacy application by Eijah
Dropped
>>
>>61597890
Please tell me what's wrong with toxic
>>
>>61597839
But then, how could I have my name connected to an "brand-new innovative" project?
>>
>>61597958
Make a javascript framework
>>
>>61597727
That. If is closed then they can say whatever they like but no one that cares about privacy will use it.
>>
>>61597890
The protocols mentioned are good enough and still in active development. Their implementations though not so much. But making a new platform as anon said truly won't solve anything as the majority won't move away from centralized data mining services.
>>
Isnt that from the same guy as Demonsaw? That thing went nowhere.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.