[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Thinkpads a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: ThinkPad_360PE_normal_mode.jpg (179KB, 1500x1137px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkPad_360PE_normal_mode.jpg
179KB, 1500x1137px
Are Thinkpads a meme?
>>
absolutely disgusting
>>
The only use for em is libreboot boxes.
>>
They are cheap and durable if you buy them used after some corporate lease expires.
>>
File: lenovo.png (392KB, 901x770px) Image search: [Google]
lenovo.png
392KB, 901x770px
Thick
Heavy
some with very shitty displays
Lenovo logo breaks off and stabs you (actually happened to me)
>>
>>61585094
>Thinkpad E-series

Those aren't Thinkpads tho, they're just regular Lenovo plastic laptops that happen to have the clitmouse.
>>
>>61584739
grandma was a sysadmin and used to have like 12 of those floating around her house
>>
>>61585139
nuben and all
>>
>>61584739
If it has a general on /g/, it's a meme.
>>
>>61585103
Yeah basically.
IBM should have never sold off the think line
>>
File: 1309559898815.jpg (15KB, 432x425px) Image search: [Google]
1309559898815.jpg
15KB, 432x425px
>>61584739
The nice durable thinkpads haven't aged well as the displays look like ass now... they are definitely affordable and capable as linux machines so if that's your thing go for it. Other than that they're nothing too special anymore. Core 2 Duos are dumpster and third world tier.
>>
>>61585094
>I almost fainted
>cut my finger
Faggot
>>
>>61584739
My Lenovo ThinkPad T430 is one of the top 10 best things I ever bought.
>>
>>61585472
>Viewing angles aren't fantastic
>LAPTOP IS SHIT 2/10 WOULD NOT USE
My T420 is still one of the most durable and useful devices I've ever purchased.
>>
>>61585352
Asking if thinkpads are a meme is a meme though. The recursive retardation continues.
>>
>>61585524
I didn't say it wasn't durable, I just said it hasn't aged well... which if you sit there staring at a shitty display for hours at a time you'd agree with me. I enjoy thinkpads but I wish they still made them with the same quality with new displays. I have no idea if you can put new ones in the old models or not.
>>
>>61585554
It's not a great screen but it's not like it's any worse than when the machine was built six years ago. It's a small price to pay.
>>
I use my t420 mainly to control my cnc. Tbh great laptop for low price, but way to heavy to carry around the city. About spec, i5, with 4gb of ram is enough for browsing internet and watch 1080p vids. I paid 130$ for this pc but my "e" in lenovo logo was broke too :(
>>
>>61585524
Why don't people just build thinkpad clones? I'm cure with OEM sellers from china you can make one for about the same weight and with better specs.
>>
>>61585591
The main appeal is that they are indestructible AND cheap, you remove one or the other and it's DOA.
>>
New ones, yes
Oldschool ones are a neat hobby.
Playing around with my G40 right now, socket 478 pentium 4 in the bastard, weighs 8 and a half pounds, the inside of this thing is a work of artistry that even the 2013 rmbp cant compete with
>>
>>61584751
why do you need libreboot
do you have something to hide anon
>>
>>61585754
Pic? I swear somehow the layout got worse of the years despite having more shit to cram in.
>>
>>61585774
I cant be assed to take it apart at 3am
But here's a video of a whole teardown on one
https://youtu.be/DCn7XsvgtN8
>>
>>61584739
thinkpads are memes
but remember meme is not equal to bad
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.