[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never seen R mentioned here. What is your opinion? I use it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Rlogo.png (7KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
Rlogo.png
7KB, 300x263px
Never seen R mentioned here. What is your opinion?

I use it often (I am a PhD biologist) and I was wondering if I should learn another language, e.g. Python, to complement its functionalities.
>>
>>61576064
I have a hard time believing a PhD is too stupid to google a simple question.
>>
>>61576092
I want to hear specifically the illuminated opinion of the /g/ community.
>>
All I know about R is that it's unreasonably slow.
>>
>>61576140
Go back to school you pajeet teenager.
>>
I find Rcpp quite useful for quicker functions.
>>
File: piracysoftware~01.jpg (2MB, 3555x5071px) Image search: [Google]
piracysoftware~01.jpg
2MB, 3555x5071px
>>
>>61576064
You should probably learn bash and maybe also some SQL?

What kinds of datasets are you working with?
>>
Not the most used letter, but not an obscure letter either. Its hard sound makes the word "murder" sound more intimidating according to Dwight from The Office.

It's a pretty solid letter overall, OP. You should use it wherever required.
>>
I wish to know how to use it. I'm Japanese BTW.
>>
>>61576853
That must be how Euron found the fleet.

>>61576064
Learned it a few months ago. I am kind of new to machine learning, but the language sure is good for it. Pretty useless for general purpose tasks, though.
>>
We used R to generate charts and do simple statistics when I did my bs in bio. Cool program, some of the professors had some magic tricks they did with R, I'm not sure even they knew how some of it actually works, it just did.
>>
i used to use R, its okay but i would rather use something else, even javascript
>>
>>61578354

kek
>>
>>61576064
It's far superior to matlab that's for sure, damn good for machine learning. Went from matlab to R Studio, don't regret it. Setting up this computer again, first thing I install is R studio. Matlab never again. Fucking walk in the park to integrate whatever compared to matlab which is a pain in the rectum and license kike too

Used matlab for 11 years and it was always a bitch
>>
Data Scientist here
I use R at work (together with SQL) and I love it.

I have basically free choice of tools, I sometimes use Python but prefer the workflow in R for most tasks.

Most of my team agree as most use R over Python.

That being said, R would be nowhere without Hadley Wickham and his libraries.

As for whether you should learn Python, you can, but there's really no reason to as long as you don't feel crippled by R.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.