[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

$850 for RX Vega Eight hundred fifty dollars We were supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1482918116098.png (42KB, 653x726px) Image search: [Google]
1482918116098.png
42KB, 653x726px
$850 for RX Vega
Eight hundred fifty dollars

We were supposed to beat Intel and Nvidia, not lose to them, WHY DID IT END UP LIKE THIS
>>
>>61575268
SIR PLEASE DELET DIS
>>
File: JOOST.jpg (292KB, 999x1480px) Image search: [Google]
JOOST.jpg
292KB, 999x1480px
>>61575268
Nice try aligning yourself with the Nvidia master race, Brian, but we don't need cuck failures tainting the brand. Ryzen + GeForce is the only combo that makes sense.
>>
>>61575415
Did Ryzen finally stop shitting itself under heavy loads?
>>
>>61575936
As someone who owns Ryzen: no. It shits itself under very heavy workloads due to IPIs in the hyperthreading scenario that never get delivered and CPU A ends up waiting for CPU B, slowly losing all of them until you just panic.
>>
>>61575936
>>61575981
Is this the new Intel shill post style? As if you motherfuckers had any idea what was happening in the one graph where the "core delay" was measured in nanoseconds. It's not network lag, it's not input lag.
>>
>>61576366
I have no clue what you're talking about because I don't really care about neither Intel or AMD, they're both proprietary pieces of shit that ruin competition.

Fuck Intel.
Fuck AMD.

That being said, I wish the Ryzen wasn't as broken as it is atm so that I could actually run the shit I need to run and not occupy rack machines at work.
>>
>>61575268
>We were supposed to beat Intel
People are calling for Intel's management to step down. Intel is literally about to crash into the ground
>>
>>61576395
To clarify, I have no clue what you're talking about regarding the graph, as I have no fucking idea what graph it is.
>>
>>61575268
Here, I'll just copy/paste from the other shitposting thread:

Threadly reminder that anyone who claims to "know" how RX Vega is going to perform is a clueless shitposter since all of Vega's new uarch features remain disabled in Vega FE's gaming drivers.

These include: Advanced Clock Gating and Adaptive Voltage and Frequency Scaling, it should also have Primitive Shaders, Tile Based Rasterization and a High Bandwidth Cache Controller

Proof:
http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2990-vega-frontier-edition-undervolt-benchmarks-improve-performance

GN's article proves that Vega's Advanced Clock Gating isn't working at all, and that Adaptive Voltage & Frequency Scaling are in a failsafe mode where 1.2v is being used regardless of clocks. This is why GN was able to increase the performance of Vega FE by undervolting it to 1.09v and ~280w.

http://digiworthy.com/2017/06/30/amd-vega-frontier-tile-based-rasterizer/

Here's proof that Tile Based Rasterization is not working on the current Vega gaming drivers.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1633406/so-what-went-wrong-with-vega/120

HBCC and Primitive Shader are also disabled currently in gaming drivers.

Just to maybe get to to at least TRY and educate yourself a little bit, here is a nice article about what the implementation of TBR meant for Nvidia in going from Kepler to Maxwell:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10536/nvidia-maxwell-tile-rasterization-analysis

What does this mean? It means that until we see IF and how well RTG's driver team manage to implement these Vega uarch features by the launch at Siggraph it's actually impossible to know how RX Vega performs compared to Vega FE in gaming workloads.

Will RTG's driver team fail to implement ANY of these by Siggraph and it flops at launch? Who knows? How well will any of these actually be implemented by RTG? Who knows? There is way too large a gap between the floor and the ceiling here to make confident predictions.
>>
Well, there goes my plan on waiting for vega.

I'm running out of options here. Should I get a 4gb 1050ti? If shit works out for me I could get it at 20% off retail price. I don't need to run the latest games at 120fps at 1440p.
>>
>>61576431
The no driver memes strike again.
>>
>>61576366
There's is an unknown bug in Ryzen, which AMD apparently has been trying to fix for months. One of the symptoms is that GCC segfaults when it puts strain on the CPU.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/7/25/1295
>>
>>61576464
>I don't need to run the latest games at 120fps at 1440p.

So why were you waiting on Vega?
>>
>>61576529
In case it was affordable, even though I knew that it was most likely going to be expensive as it's about the equivalent to a 1080. Originally I was going to get an rx480 but that plan didn't work out. So now my options are getting more limited as time goes on and I would rather spend less money than more money on a gpu.
>>
>>61576517
Hmh, well whaddyouno. I thought you fuckers were just shillposting.
>>
>>61576517
The phoronix thread just says turn up the voltage. Sounds like a problem with power management. My ASUS crosshair vi's auto SOC voltage gave me unstable RAM. I had to turn it up to 1.1v or w/e the asus ocing guide recommends.
>>
File: looga.jpg (73KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
looga.jpg
73KB, 633x758px
JUST
>>
>>61576682
From what I know disabling ASLR fixes it, some reported it being fixed in newer GCC versions and nobody actually has B2 silicon to test if it was fixed there.

I saw a post yesterady where someone posted that gcc does some invalid register renaming or something and shit happens on anand.
>>
>>61576682
By unstable I mean failing y-cruncher with 2400mhz RAM when they're rated for 3200mhz. After upping the voltage I got up to 2933mhz stable and with a BIOS update I finally got 3200 stable
>>
>Slower than a GTX 1080
>Over a year late
>Consumes twice the power of a GTX 1080
>Costs 1.5 times what a GTX 1080 costs

Why would anybody buy this piece of poo?
>>
>>61576730
Same reason people buy $400 1060 and 580's
>>
Fake News
>>
>>61576707
>I saw a post yesterady where someone posted that gcc does some invalid register renaming or something and shit happens on anand.
>gcc is a hacky piece of shit and probably a secret Intel project
>blame AMD
>>
>>61576707
https://github.com/hayamdk/ryzen_segv_test

It is related neither to ASLR nor to GCC. It is repducible on Windows and AMD support still cannot offer anything more than RMA.
>>
>>61576707
The reason disabling ASLR might fix it is because this has to do with the user signal trampoline mapping, especially related to KASLR/KASR. This happens very rarely in normal usecases, but if you're straining the CPU to the point that I do (massive virtualization and rebuilds of various operating systems), it occurs very frequently and makes it impossible to use in a reliable manner. Otherwise, Ryzen is a really nice architecture for NUMA-like workloads and I intend to use it once shit gets fixed.
>>
>>61576972
>https://github.com/hayamdk/ryzen_segv_test
To clarify, the behaviour we've observed is that if you have CPU A and CPU B on the same core (hyperthreading), and CPU A is running some CPU-bound workload while CPU B sends it an IPI, it will never be delivered and you've basically lost yourself one SMP/NUMA core. This happens again and again until you just panic or stop running entirely.
>>
>>61575268
I use AMD processors and Nvidia cards.

Ryzen is the best bang for buck in a long time but Nvidia's GPUs pair nicely, and I can even get an expensive one with money saved on Ryzen.

Christmas Master Race
>>
>>61576931
>chinese code

nigga I aint running that shit
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.