[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help with my phone.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: samsung-galaxy-s6-10.jpg (117KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-galaxy-s6-10.jpg
117KB, 1200x800px
Guys, I just don't know what to do. I've posted about it elsewhere but no one has come up with a way to solve this or at least knows why it's happening.

I did a factory reset on my S6, got greeted with the phone setup menu as usual, clicked "Start", then connected to a wi-fi network, and then it just got stuck on "Checking Network" for ages. I even let it be there for a whole fucking day and nothing came of it, so I decided to skip that part. No biggie.

Doing so allowed me to proceed through the menus, but it gets to a point where it'll just tell me "Not signed in. To use this phone you first have to sign in to an owner's Google account in use on this phone when it was last reset. Because you haven't done so, you have to set up the phone again."

I've tried factory resetting it again, but no dice. People have mentioned getting Odin and flashing the custom firmware onto the device, but last time I tried that Odin just came up with the "Failed" red box. I take it it's because the phone's "Usb debugging" isn't turned on, but HOW can I turn it on if I'm stuck in the phone setup and thus can't access the settings?

What do I do? Why on earth is this happening? The first time I got the phone shit like this didn't happen. Why now? And why is it mentioning Google accounts if in the steps that precede the error message there's nothing telling me to sign into Google?

Please help.
>>
OP here.

Also, why would it even mention Google accounts when the phone was last in use IF I WIPED ALL THE DATA???

It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>61573821
Just sign into your google account. Or did you steal it Jamal?
>>
>>61573845
But sign in how? None of the stages in the phone's setup phase ask me to sign in. The error message I get doesn't give me anything else. It's just the message. And then it just has the "set up phone" and then it's all the way to the beginning.
>>
>>61573789
Install lineage OS
>>
>>61573858
Can you boot to fastboot? Lookup online 'how to get to fastboot on s6' from there you can unlock the bootloader, flash a custom recovery (twrp), and flash a new ROM.

Since its a samshit though they won't make it easy
>>
>>61573874
I don't want that. And even if I did, how am I supposed to do that if I can't enable USB debugging? Doesn't Odin need that to be on in order to flash stuff onto the device?
>>
>>61573899
You'll need a cable for your PC and proper drivers for fastboot through cmd. There should be a package on XDA
>>
>>61573789
fastboot oem unlock

fastoot flash recovery YOUR_TWRP_VERSION.img

fastboot reboot-recovery

in revovery format all and install you os.

Done
>>
It doesn't connect to mobile data either? Try a different sim card.
>>
>>61573789
buy a new one
>>
>>61573789
Just reinstall the stock ROM with Odin
https://gs6.gadgethacks.com/how-to/unroot-restore-samsung-galaxy-s6-back-stock-0162155/
>>
>>61573963
It does, but even then it'll still get stuck on "Checking network" for fucking ages.
>>
OP here.

But apparently, in order to boot into fastboot, I'll need to enable developer mode, and then turn on USB debugging, will I not?

Thing is, I can't even access the phone's settings, because the initial setup isn't complete due to the issue I'm having.

What's causing this shit? Literally the first time I've seen something like this happen. Shouldn't a factory reset completely wipe all data on phone? Why is it even mentioning old Google accounts?
>>
>>61574286
First you have to click build info 7 times before the developer menu is accessible.
>>
>>61574286
Don't need it to boot into download mode
>>61573979
>>
>>61573789
Give it back Tarquan.
>>
>>61574413
I know... but to access the build number information I need to access the phone's settings, but I can't access the phone's settings because I'm still in the initial setup phase.
>>
>>61574451
I know I don't need it to boot into Download mode, but won't I need it for the whole thing to work, though?

I just tried flashing the stock firmware with Odin and I got this in Odin's log:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1203)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> cm.bin
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

In the phone's download mode screen I can see something in red saying: [CM] SW REV. CHECK FAIL. DEVICE: 5, BINARY: 3

What does this mean?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.