[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Windows 7 in 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Windows7.jpg (40KB, 647x450px) Image search: [Google]
Windows7.jpg
40KB, 647x450px
Hello /g/, I have the following question: Is Windows 7 still okay and perfectly fine to use in 2017? My knowledge about technology is limited, so I hope you can forgive me if this question is dumb. I just see all new PC's being shipped out with Windows 10 and I wondered if one would run into any issues running Windows 7 on a computer. (Drivers, or any compatibility issues etc.) I want to use the new computer for gaming mostly.
>>
File: m$.png (22KB, 806x516px) Image search: [Google]
m$.png
22KB, 806x516px
>>61572650
M$ pulled Win7 support for Ryzen and Kaby lake CPU's. You will have some trubble installing Win7 on said systems, if you don't have a PS/2 keyboard/mouse cause of USB drivers. Also picrelated will happen, but there are workarounds.
All in all just a dickmove by M$ forcing people onto botnet10 for no fucking reason.
>>
>>61572799
OP here, thanks for the reply. And yes, I wanted Windows 7 because Windows 10 seems to spy on every tiny thing you do, and Linux isn't that great for gaming, I use Linux for daily stuff like office work and internet but I finally got a "decent" PC for gaming so Windows 7 was my first choice. Are modern games ok with Windows 7? (GTA 5, Overwatch etc.)
>>
>>61572799
but all in it's still perfectly fine to use win7 for gaymen because dx12 is a meme anyways, and i intent to continue doing so untill 2020 when m$ is nonna end of life win7
>>
>>61572650
It's fine.

>>61572799
>for no fucking reason
The reason is Windows 7 is Windows XP: Second Edition and they want to kill it at all costs.
>>
>>61572871
yes those games work fine in win7
just know that m$ backported some of the botnet features to win7 however unlike in win10 you can get rid of them with relative ease
>>
Thanks for all the answers guys, happy to know they haven't made it impossible to use Windows 7.
>>
File: 1481437997356.jpg (29KB, 392x323px) Image search: [Google]
1481437997356.jpg
29KB, 392x323px
I'm still using the original RTM version of Windows 7 from 2009 with no updates or service packs at all. Works just fine. Literally no reason to upgrade.
>>
>>61572650
it's still the best OS of all time
I use it daily
>>
>>61572650
>Is Windows 7 still okay and perfectly fine to use in 2017?

Yes.

> My knowledge about technology is limited

But, not for you.
>>
>>61572650
>>61572871
I am using 7 just fine on my Desktop after a long time with 8.1 and Linux distros.
It works perfectly fine for everything I do on desktop. Software support is still alive and well, although hardware support can be an issue (Ryzen, BabyLake), especially newer PC for which you will have to hunt down a driver to connect online. Most new Laptop manufacturers DO NOT include drivers for windows versions older than what they were released with so it can be a huge issue there.
In my opinion, its the most aesthetically and functionaly pleasing releas, there is one unified UI that is consistant and nice to look at. It also supposedly has less spyware.
>>
File: chair.jpg (16KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
chair.jpg
16KB, 250x242px
>You can still use fucking MsDOS on a the latest processor with USB mouse and keyboard via PS/2 bios emulation but Windows 7 shits itself
>>
>>61573165
usb mouse and keyboard works fine in bios/uefi, just not during windows 7 install
>>
>>61573235
That's pretty much exactly what I just said, dingus
>>
>>61573085
You are a madman
>>
>windows
>2017
kek
>>
>>61576278
Not everyone can do everything they need on a phone.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.