[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not really a tech guy, but I've tried to upgrade my PC anyway,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

Not really a tech guy, but I've tried to upgrade my PC anyway, but found myself at my wit's end.

I was told the best thing to upgrade first was the RAM. So, the first thing I did was observe the chip that was already in there, which I found was the DDR3 chip (in the slot 1 for some reason?)

I put it in slot 3 and then proceeded to order the parts I needed.

The DDR4 chip was easy enough to get, I got it at a local computer retailer.

The DDR2 and DDR1 chips were harder to find, I had to purchase them off of eBay.

None of the chips fit, initially (I did have some luck with the DDR2 chip after removing the groove on the memory chip slot, but the DDR1 and DDR4 chips won't go in.

The DDR1 chip might have warped in transit which could explain why it wont fit but the number 4 ddr chip is brand new and it doesnt fit either.

Can someone tell me what to do?
>>
File: 1482996402771.jpg (10KB, 228x222px) Image search: [Google]
1482996402771.jpg
10KB, 228x222px
>>61566880
NOOOOooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooOoooOOOoOOoOOOOoO
>>
include me in the screenshot! xd
>>
>>61566880
>>61566917
>>61566911
EPIC BREAD GUYS!!!! INCLUDE ME IN SCREEN CAP XDDDDDDDDD LOLOLOLOL!
>>
>>61566880
Post pics
>>
>>61567021
Im at the mac store right now posting this not at home because my computer wont turn on I need to know exactly how to fix this so I dont have to keep catching buses today please
>>
>>61566880
es em eych

You should've downloaded DDR4 onto DDR2 for an upgrade
>>
If thres nothing I can do then can I just keep the third chip somehow ?

and not use the upgraded ones so that I can use my computer at least.

How do I do that? The computer wont turn on right now because it detects that it is being updated probably. Or something else I dont know. I need to know :
How do I get the upgraded ram working and if NOT then
How do I get it back the way it was

Thank you,Gregory
>>
File: 1490096002408.png (714KB, 647x583px) Image search: [Google]
1490096002408.png
714KB, 647x583px
>>61567079
Pics please
This has got to be a troll
>>
>>61567072
This doesnt make any sense to me.

There is a slot for RAM 2 and a slot for RAM 4 for a reason, you dont put the 4 on the 2 because then what do you do with 4 slot? Can you please explain what you mean or am I not understanding you correctly. I am upset
>>
I have to go for my (late) lunch I will be back later
>>
This is a simple enough fix. There is a semi-cubic box in your computer. We call this the PSU. You need to wash it out with water, as it may have become dirty. Simply take the PSU out of your PC, plug it in to an extension cable from outside your bathroom. You may need a long extension cable. Anyways, once you have it set up, put all the salt you can find in your house in the bathwater. Sit down in the bathtub, with a hand on the drain, and with your other hand, power on the PSU so it cycles through the upgrade process, and then submerge it in the water.

Doing this wil force your PC to recognize the DDR modules, and you should be up and running in no time. And feel free to get yourself a milkshake after this, because you've become A PC Master Gentleman because you earned it, slugger!
>>
>>61567097
Its an old copypasta
>>
>>61567489
I've been on here for years and I've never seen it
>>
>>61567646
>>
File: 577820685.jpg (53KB, 400x516px) Image search: [Google]
577820685.jpg
53KB, 400x516px
>>61566880
Wow! I can't believe that happened to you OP! Please include me in the screenshot lol
>>
>>61566880
Damn it I laughed. Great thread OP you're a breath of fresh air!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.