[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D printing advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (299KB, 800x1144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
299KB, 800x1144px
Firstly, funny enough, coming to the tech area the first thread I saw was a guy saying this wasn't tech support. While I understand his frustration I have no where else to go for this matter. I am in the process of making a cosplay of an NCR ranger. I'm making the chest piece, have bought a duster and am making the simpler parts. But my road block is the helmet (yes I'm getting to the point) my deadline is Saturday and I'm already behind schedule. I was going to do a paper model of the helmet but I've never done that before and following the file instructions I almost fucked up a computer. I am not a very educated computer user, and have hardly a clue about files and doohickies. I've never had the money for my own computer, and I feel I wouldn't use it enough. But then it hit me, the local library has a 3D printer. The site: pepakura had 3D textures of the helmet, I may be wrong but I'm ASSUMING that these are for 3D printing. So here in lies the issue, how do I use files to 3D print? I know I'm asking a lot, hell I may even be in the wrong forum but any help would be appreciated. I know, I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm just looking for even a hint. Thanks. This means a lot to me
>>
>>61564590
>no tl;dr
Get fucked OP
>>
>>61564590
Ask people responsible for the said 3D printer to help you

Now delete the thread
>>
:(
>>
File: 1487373998531.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1487373998531.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
>>61564590
>how do I use files to 3D print
All of the 3D printers I've used a "STL" file, which is basically a model file that tells the printer how to print it
Post a link to the site so we can see if it has the correct file

Also make sure that the libraries printer is large enough, because I know my local libraries is only about as big as a microwave, so you would have to print the helmet in separate pieces then put them together to get the full helmet
It should also be noted that it might be expensive to print something that large, it might actually just be worth while to try to find some old helmets and/or gas masks to put together to make it

Also, there is a board dedicated to cosplay who may be able to help you out more
>>>/cgl/
>>
File: 1498025185043.png (87KB, 310x312px) Image search: [Google]
1498025185043.png
87KB, 310x312px
>>61564590
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>61564590 (OP)#
Thank you so much! I will go there. And will delete thread as asked
>>
>>61564590
Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.