[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xiaomi mi 5s or mi 6? Which one should I get if I only care

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: mi 5s v mi 6.png (145KB, 587x278px) Image search: [Google]
mi 5s v mi 6.png
145KB, 587x278px
Xiaomi mi 5s or mi 6? Which one should I get if I only care about the screen and the camera quality?
mi5s:
>1/2.3" vs 1/2.9" image sensor (it's the same one used in the pixel)
>.RAW support
>cheaper

mi6:
>OIS
>snapfire 835 vs 821, not that it fucking matters my 3 year old Sony Z2 with SD 801 is buttery smooth

http://www.strawpoll.me/13524887
>>
>>61547040
please slash gee, I'm too much of a brainlet to decide
>>
If you actually care about the camera and screen quality you should not get chinkshit phones.
>>
>>61547040
Why not the Zuk Z2 Pro?

>AMOLED screen
>Great Samsung camera, f1.8 and 1.34 µm pixels
>>
>>61547688
What's your argument? They use the same Sony IMX sensors as "non chinkphones", all of which are also chinkphones.
>>61547756
Can it shoot .RAW? It's okay if the stock app doesn't if the phone still supports camera2 api
>>
Derp derp don't be a pajeeeet get an iCult
>>
>>61547901
Can't shoot raw but it has manual controls and OIS. Can go up to 3200ISO and 32s shutter speed.

Also the type c port is usb 3.0 so you get much better transfer speeds to your pc compared to most phones, if that makes and difference to you. Most phones with type c are still usb 2.0
>>
>>61547953
I'd really really appreciate raw support though. I wouldn't buy it over the mi6 because it's a bit more expensive, and I just found some forum posts suggesting that third party apps on the mi6 could take raw photos.
It's just a bit frustrating that I can't find a chinkphone that has raw support, OIS and a decently large sensor. It's always pick two and only two
>>
>>61547040

Both have shit cameras (not sensor, but all software, algorithms and HAL.)

Next
>>
>>61548276
Yeah it's a shame. I'm pretty happy with my z2 pro though but the mi6 does have a newer, faster, and more efficient processor.

I'd avoid it like the plague though since it has no 3.5mm port.

Why not a used Nexus instead? Nexus 6P would have a kick ass camera iirc. Great community support too.
>>
>>61548542
>software algorithms
>I want the company that manufactures the phone to automatically adjust every setting and give me jpeg files
Do you have an iPhone by any chance?
>>61548639
>no 3.5mm port
Shit how did I overlook this?
>used
Don't really want to go there and they're all sold out where I live.

I really want a new phone because my Sony Z2's 3.5mm jack and earpiece stopped working, the camera cover is scratched and the mic is really quiet and distorted for some reason, but I just keep running into compromises trying to stay under $500
>>
File: Meizu-Pro-7-and-Pro-7-Plus.jpg (66KB, 699x508px) Image search: [Google]
Meizu-Pro-7-and-Pro-7-Plus.jpg
66KB, 699x508px
>>61548759
You can't have a budget phone without compromises. You can't even have flagships without compromises.

Have you checked out the honor 8? It can shoot raw according to users on xda and has a killer dual camera setup. Compromise is that there's no ois.
>>
File: pepe rage.png (174KB, 476x479px) Image search: [Google]
pepe rage.png
174KB, 476x479px
>>61548860
>Compromise is that there's no ois.
>phone with good sensor and OIS doesn't have raw support
>phone with OIS and raw support has small sensor
>phone with good sensor and raw doesn't have OIS
REEEEEEEEEEEE
Anyway this has a smallish sensor as well and I'm hesitant about hisilicon and mediakek.
I've been looking at the nubia z17 as well, and it's almost perfect, but once again no fucking OIS. I'm considering just buying an old feature phone and waiting until a smartphone manufacturer decides to make a phone with OIS, a nice and big image sensor and raw support for less than $500.
>>
>>61548980
Why don't you buy the fucking Huawei P10? spend fucking money in your snowflake phone
>>
>>61548980
The honor 8 takes photos as well as the zuk z2 pro with it's massive sensor.

It uses both cameras to capture details when taking photos which helps a lot for indoor shots and has the benefit of other camera effects you can apply like bokeh.

It was my second choice when choosing my phone to be honest but I went with the Zuk because it has an AMOLED screen and 6GB ram.
>>
>>61547040
Listen well, OP. I really recommend you to drop the silly idea of buying an android phone, even less a fucking chink phone.
If you want a depreciated device, a shitty OS with software filled with all sorts of malwares/trojans ( see : Google Playstore http://cloak-and-dagger.org/) then don't hesitate. You'll love your product
>>
>>61547756
AMOLED sure is a plus, it's fucking beautiful

The camera tho, is nothing special, you can get some nice shots while on day light, but that's all

I own a Z2 Pro

also the phone it's a fucking oven, thanks Snap 820
>>
File: S70725-134326.jpg (188KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
S70725-134326.jpg
188KB, 1080x1920px
>>61549124
Z2 Pro Camera indoors is almost the same as a Samsung s7. Compared it to my coworkers when we were bored on night shift.

Also no idea where this overheating meme came from, mine only gets got when charging or emulating...

Currently running flyme on mine, camera isn't as good as stock though so I might go back soon.
>>
>>61549240
Where'd you buy your Z2 Pro?
>>
>>61549240
>camera isn't as good as stock
are there no customs with good camera? thinking of hopping in the z2 pro train

also wondering if there's going to be similar improved phones coming this year. didnt the zuk line get discontinued?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.