[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paradoxal HDD survivability results

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: by_rating.png (300KB, 1191x4210px) Image search: [Google]
by_rating.png
300KB, 1191x4210px
You can see here the share of drives alive for by certain count of days. Every curve is the share of drives which have lived the certain date. The shaded areas are the 95% confidence intervals. For additional fun there is no labels, try to gues the manufacturers and brands yourselves.
The dataset is by Backblaze + additional data from other sources.
https://www.backblaze.com/b2/hard-drive-test-data.html
>>
File: brand.png (38KB, 1186x742px)
brand.png
38KB, 1186x742px
On the first pic the drives are splitted by rating bins. We see that the more is the rating, less is the drive life.

On the second pic the drives are splitted by brand. Try to guess which are the most reliable brands!
>>
File: by_brand.png (293KB, 1186x7917px) Image search: [Google]
by_brand.png
293KB, 1186x7917px
If you wanna know the details about the models of each brand, here they are.
>>
File: vendor.png (39KB, 1186x742px) Image search: [Google]
vendor.png
39KB, 1186x742px
And here are the survivabilities by the vendors.
>>
Who can explain, why people like bad drives which live less more?
>>
>>61539562
>Backblaze
So you mean the least worthwhile data you could have possibly attained, because you were too retarded to know better?
>>
>>61539841
If you can provide me with more worthwhile data I'll be glad. But can you really?
>>
>>61540112
no one cares about your shitty thread based on shitty data from a shitty object storage company
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.