[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Django vs Nodejs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: django-logo-negative.png (15KB, 1200x546px) Image search: [Google]
django-logo-negative.png
15KB, 1200x546px
Which one should I use?
>>
Django
>>
>>61535071
Stop being a computer nerd and get a real job
>>
>>61535076
>>61535078

Why?

Note that my only background is the following from college:

Python, Java, C, HTML/CSS and SQL.
>>
>>61535071
Django is for learning and doing unimportant/small projects only, never use it for serious modern projects
>>
>>61535071
NodeJS because JS.

>>61535105
Well maybe since you already know Python... use node anyway.
>>
>>61535071
Flask
>>
>>61535209
Planning on using this, is it a meme?
>>
>>61535257

Flask was made by a Dutch student as a joke.
>>
>>61535257
If you really have to use Python, consider Pyramid then Flask but stay away from Django
>>
>>61535298
>consider Pyramid then Flask but stay away from Django

Why?
>>
>>61535292
node was made by hipstercuck as a joke.
>>
Django Unchained

It's a fork of Django that changes the leader/follower terminology to master/nigger.
>>
>>61535071
Ruby on Rails
>>
>>61535071
Flask with gunicorn.
>>
>>61535731
This
>>
Use python.
Python is used by websites like: YouTube, dropbox, quora etc. And of course, one of the best places on modern internet, THE front page of the internet: Reddit.

JS is for Yankees and sjw
>>
>>61535071

You can't really compare those two.

Django is a full-fledged MVC-framework. You simply put a database behind it and it spits out html code for the user.

Node.JS is only a JS backend. Therefore you don't use only Node, but you use it with something like Express and React or Vue.

>Which one should I use?

Depends.

Do you like Python?
Do you want one "big machine" that controls everything?
Are you scared of JavaScript?
--> Django

Do you like JavaScript?
Do you want a couple of pieces interacting with each other (each one doing only one job)?
Do you want to be able to adapt your technology for the problem you are solving?
--> Node
>>
>>61535854
Also honourable mentions: NASA and reddit gifts
>>
>>61535344

Actually it's the other way arround..

>https://github.com/django/django/pull/2692
>>
>>61535861
>Django is a full-fledged MVC-framework. You simply put a database behind it and it spits out html code for the user.

>Node.JS is only a JS backend. Therefore you don't use only Node, but you use it with something like Express and React or Vue.

This is wrong or at least incredibly misleading. Django does nothing towards generating HTML on its own, but it does support templated HTML files. If you want a website that looks a 'modern' site, you are still going to need to learn how to use react. Django definitely doesn't 'spit out html code'.
>>
none, web development is terrible nowadays. I recommend you focus on desktop programming, you'll be happier and you won't need to learn a new language/framework every year.
>>
Django is better to work with... Use node
>>
>>61535885
How can I make their life miserable?
Talking about idiots who associates master/slave to slavery.
I can't stand idiots like these, god damnit...
It's them who made association.
>>
>>61535932

We just have to accept that today every major project gets "attacked" by SJWs, trying to put politics into software. Projects don't really want the shitstorm of enraged SJWs, so pretty muhc the only option is to discuss with them.

Redis was clever by taking this crap into consideration. They have a "SLAVE TO NO ONE" command, so they could get away with not chainging it.
>https://github.com/antirez/redis/issues/3185

Ruby got attacked a lot and they could get away with a vague "code of conduct" that is somehow "be nice to everyone!", but not as SLW-esque as those stupid gurrls wanted it to be. Read about this stupid SJW here:
>https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12004

Others (Django, CouchDB, Drupal) didn't haave the nerves to have endless dicussions, gave in and called it a day. Personally I think that's perfectly acceptable, why should be care about non-technical nonsense? Let the SJWs jerk off to their nitpicking and political correctness - if it makes them happy... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.