[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is overclocking a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1500737210583.jpg (103KB, 1082x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500737210583.jpg
103KB, 1082x500px
Is overclocking a meme?
>>
>overclocking with mayo thermal interface inside
Yes
>overclocking with a delidded cpu
Yes
>Overclocking with a soldered CPU
No
>>
>>61533912
Free performance is not a meme. Disabling speedstep/cstates/hyperthreading/pushing bclk/watercooling for an extra 100mhz is a meme.
>>
If you're doing it to the point where you need liquid cooling, then yes, it is
>>
>>61533966
>Intel K series price premium
>Free performance is not a meme
Oh boy
>>
>>61533912
Undervolting is the true hero.

Everything is a pretender.
>>
>>61534002
overclocking locked skylake chips with a Z170 board and a beta bios isn't a meme
>>
>>61533966
>free performance that you had to pay extra to get
kek
>>
>>61534029
>>61534002

Retards. K series have higher base clocks, so even if you don't OC you get more performance for the extra money.
>>
>>61534044
Ignoring the extra cooling and the higher end motherboard, eh?
>>
>>61534029
Intel IS the meme
>>
>>61534062
My mobo cost $130 leafbucks. On the lower end of not shit boards. Also, why are you on this board if you would even consider stock hsf?
>>
>>61533912
Depends on how much you will gain with it or what you will do with it.
If for example you have a case of an emulator with a game you wanna play running at 56 VBLs (instead of the required 60 and thus getting sound cracking), and you can solve it with just a lil CPU speedbump, then its not a meme.
Also not a meme: when company fucks up and clocks shit way too low like with the Q6600 CPUs.
>>
>>61534134
Didn't the Q6600s get all nice and toasty and power hungry once they got overclocked?
>>
>>61534080
>why are you on this board if you would even consider stock hsf?
Maybe because I don't want to spend more for free performance?
I just get a better CPU since I'm not a fucking moron.
>>
>>61534226
What's your CPU then, champ.
>>
>>61534080
>why are you on this board if you would even consider stock hsf
Because I've been playing the OC game since 2004 and it's never worth it.
It's especially not been worth it since 2011.
>>
>>61534226
Not them but the performance gains can be a huge. I used a $30 cooler and ran my old CPU at 4.2ghz up from 2.66ghz for years. If $30 is too much money for that this is the wrong hobby for you.
>>
>>61534178
Yes.
As did the CPUs at the similar clock speed.
Except you paid a lot less for the Q6600.
>>
>>61533932
oh yea always gotta delid to get that one extra degree
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.