[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>a 7 thousand american-peso software key why do people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 12

File: hero_978x348.jpg (98KB, 978x348px) Image search: [Google]
hero_978x348.jpg
98KB, 978x348px
>a 7 thousand american-peso software key

why do people buy Red products?
>>
>>61533617
>t. LinusShillTips viewer
>>
because people love memes
>>
>>61533617
That's how you make the real money. Establish your tech as the industry standard in an industry where no one knows a fucking thing about technology. See: Protools in professional studios, Macs as being the computers for creatives (although I think that notion is more or less dead now).

The film-student retards won't question it because it's all a magic box to them, and the red meme is strong.
>>
File: 1500325116072.png (267KB, 552x427px) Image search: [Google]
1500325116072.png
267KB, 552x427px
Holy fuck. I just looked at the site. Is this literally what I think it is?
>>
>>61535100
That it is.

>>61534335
RED seriously blows. I'm constantly frustrated by moronic filmmakers who are so blinded by brand name that they hallucinate away how ssoft the footage is.
>>
>>61535100
>>61535125
I'm too sleepy to go searching. What is it?
>>
What exactly is it?
>>
HOW IN THE FUCK.
I just caught wind of them for the Hydrogen (now called) device.

Is this really the standard for cameras hardware wise?
Were macs not enough?
>>
File: Red-Camera-Logo.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Red-Camera-Logo.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>61533617
I love how late 90s their logo is though.
>>
>>61533623
This
>>
>>61533617
It's got a fan and some RAM and presumably some kind of acceleration hardware. Shame nobody seems to want to pick it apart properly.
>>
>>61533617
it's a CPU accelerator idiots, something like Xeon Phi, but of course Linus shit tips doesn't know that much about computing than your average pajeet
>>
File: 01a.gif (3MB, 350x295px) Image search: [Google]
01a.gif
3MB, 350x295px
>be Linus
>spend hundreds of thousands on unnecessary hardware because you're too fucking stupid to understand how software is designed to run on hardware
>be a literal meme
>>
>>61535232
macs are a fucking meme, the only reason they're successful is because of their software and, in some aspects, the build quality
>>
File: 1488228147136.jpg (143KB, 590x639px) Image search: [Google]
1488228147136.jpg
143KB, 590x639px
>>61533617
oy vey you NEED this otherwise your $15000 camera is USELESS
>>
>>61533617
>only $7k
>speeds up editing by a noticeable amount
What a fucking steal. That's actually a really fucking good deal in the professional cinema world.
>>
>>61533623
Same for you seeing that you know this is shilltips' latest
>>
>>61535100
Checked and best image on this board this week
>>
>>61533617
>card actually does stuff
>there is a bug in the software

>“must be a software key”
>>
File: red rocket.jpg (70KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
red rocket.jpg
70KB, 960x540px
>>61533617
>>
>>61535398
>some aluminum and glass = build quality
My thinkpad feels more solid than a macbook
>>
File: 1483939520304.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1483939520304.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>>61535489
>>61535923
Nice samefag goym. Don't forget to buy our 200 dollar hard drive cable
>>
>linus cuck tips video
He doesn't know how to review hardware.
>>
>>61533617
>Retards complaining about professional hardware that they'll never ever use because they aren't professionals.
>Retards shitting on RED becuase muh money
>Retards not understanding that RED was the Threadripper of the cinema industry.
>>
>>61533617
>why do people buy Red products?

In film, up till red, studios rented their camreas, red was among the first to sell that quality a camera.

now? I just looked through a bunch of videos and looked up reds competition, there is no competition, they are hands down the best.

Now if you are only making youtube videos? the fuck would you get a red for? I highly doubt linus only makes youtube videos with those cameras.

With that said, If you only made youtube videos a 4k capable camera with the highest mp possible + a decent lense to do what you shoot would be far more beneficial, as you can still shot a stupidly sharp image, down scale it to 4k/1080p and get the best image possible, or zoom in till you 1:1 pixel size with 1080/4k/720 or whatever you output at, and pan around the image while talking, then go right back into talking to the camera.

but considering reds only competition is near 100000$ a camera, while red is 7-24k$
>>
>>61539104
Not even from sony or blackmagic?
>>
>>61539326
The sony camera that was in the same price range was significantly more expensive, and the cheaper one has a niche as it can do 1000fps, but was 3000$, do note I was only looking up high fucking end cameras.

There are very few good reviews on these cameras, and the best one I found was one where the person could not attach his lense to the red properly making the image very unfocused.

for my money, black magic would be the way I would go for a very high end youtube video market, but if you are a pro I would still say red

On a personal note, I would prefer the red just because of physical buttons, I hate dealing with touch screens and digital menues with cameras.

Here is how I would go with cameras

lowest of low end, your cellphone or point and shoot

once you go into a bit higher the next step up is dslr and we will go with my personal camera

nikon d3200 for what I bought it for, little over 250 with lense, it was best in class in color, sharpness, and features.

From here you got 2 options,

do you want to take video and pictures?
canon

do you want low cost slow mo?
sony

Now you can mount lenses from other manufactures on cameras, but you are usually forgoing some amount of focus ability, so you are locked into one of these brands

If you want to go professional grade while still useing said lenses, sony seems to be the one to go with

but once you hit the 3000~ range black magic becomes an option

from here on, you are either the production house buying the cameras as a tax write off, or you are a professional and the camera is part of your business anyway so fuck it, and for here red just starts to be an option.

passed here, and you aren't buying the camera for personal use.

Like I said, for youtube, a good dslr would be better unless you make actual films/short movies, at which point black magic comes in as an option if slow mo is not needed.
>>
>>61538237
i said in some aspects like their custom mbos and shit, my friend who is the applefag in my circle switched from a macbook pro to a thinkpad just because it had a deck
>>
>>61539933
>deck
What?
>>
>>61533617
>$7k
>micro usb port
Just why? They couldn't make that a usb c or even a fucking mini usb? They micro port will just break after 5 uses.
>>
>>61534335
Film industry is an industry and there are people in there paid to know what to buy and how to use it, here marketing doesn't mean anything, there are just prices and technical information. Sure, there are times when the more expensive shit is preferred to cheaper alternatives but usually that's in the name of reliability.

Film students don't mean anything and directors rarely give a shit about the tech they use, red cameras are used cause they're incredibly good and cheaper than Arris, and those 2 are almost the only alternatives. Red is a dumb company for anything more than sensors and the last phone they "announced" should make that clear to everyone.

t. I'm in the field
>>
what's the deal with blacks and red brand products? seriously. they can't shut the fuck up about them.
>>
>>61539967
A deck, mate, can't you read?
>>
>>61539773

Anon, I got a D3200 but I don't really like it. Every time I record in low light it has a flicker noise pattern on the red channel, or something. Very annoying. Does that happen to you too?
>>
>>61540000
Everyone knows the micro is more resilient than the mini, checked.
>>
>>61533617
So, knowing nothing about this, I just did some googling and these are a lot more than a "software key." Apparently the Rocket/Rocket-X are rebranded DVS (now Rhode & Schwartz) Atomix hardware accelerators for 4k video decoding/transcoding/"debayering." I guess it's possible now to do some of that acceleration via commodity GPUs instead and get close to the same performance for less money, but that hardly makes these a scam.
>>
>>61540486
define low light, for me the worst I did to it was a backlight bleed test, granted I don't use it for video much, its mostly picture, and in that regard my sensor has a 20 pixel cluster dead spot.

remember these are the lowest end dslrs you can get, would not shock me if they only use somewhat defective sensors.
>>
>>61541410

Anything that displays actual blacks on the screen. Over ISO 1600. Annoying as fuck. You can't even remove it on post cos it's a irregular flickering. But yeah, it's just that my NEX 3N is so much easier to work with and despite being softer and losing more detail doesn't suffer as much.
>>
>>61541607
If you are using over 1000 iso, you may want to light better, can't blame you for using something different if your main use is video and the camera won't do that well.
>>
>naming your $7000 Voodoo card after a dog cock
You could call it the Red Devil, Red Comet, etc, but no the furry had to be in charge of naming it.
>>
>Red rocket
Kek
>>
>>61535163
It's a jpeg accelerator that speeds up red specific software.
>>
>>61535375
What are you talking about?
99% of his shit is given to him for free and most of it he can keep
also the amount of money he makes out of his channel is ridiculous

that's nowhere /g/ neckbeard fedora tipper level, those are literary NEET spergs
at least Linus has a 3DPD asian waifu
>>
>>61539967
>>61540469
dock* my bad
>>
>>61542250
>furry
how are furries related to beastiality again?
>>
File: red rocket.jpg (28KB, 477x477px) Image search: [Google]
red rocket.jpg
28KB, 477x477px
>>61533617
>>
>>61534335
>Macs as being the computers for creatives (although I think that notion is more or less dead now).
Desktop publishing appeared when Pagemaker was released... for the Mac (along with the laserwriter and postscript).
Since then, Apple was the choice for graphic arts for many years. People now still chooses them because of tradition, not because they're the best.
>>
>>61535398
>build quality
more like "apperent quality", because if a mac falls from a second floor the board will break due to the aluminum bending.
>>
>>61544242
they only choose them now for the same reason why they chose them all those years ago.

aesthetics.

for the nerds it was ppc. for everyone else it was for muh looks.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (29KB, 284x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
29KB, 284x200px
>>61533617
why not? who said it was wrong?
>>
>>61533617
Anyone else notice they're putting that alt/emo slut in more videos now? She's like a 5/10 at best, but they focus on her hands as if she's jerking off the hardware.

I wonder if she fucks Luke while Linus watches.
>>
>>61544261
again, i'm talking about custom-made mbos and shit,other interesting mentions would be the g5 for example

You realise i'm not exactly talking about the newer products from Apple, and on top of that by build quality i'm referring to how long the product lasts by itself,not exactly drop tests & other criterias

I mean i never bought an apple product in my life(i don't really care it if you believe it or not) but yeah... i guess it's still to be expected that some products last longer to the test of time since they're much more(still overpriced) expensive
>>
File: 0og8cbl7pjaz.jpg (370KB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
0og8cbl7pjaz.jpg
370KB, 4160x2340px
>>61535161
A Red holographic smartphone dont worry MKBHD already shilled for it without knowing what it is at all
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.