[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BluRage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Capture.png (47KB, 675x508px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
47KB, 675x508px
Why does a Blu-ray DVD player program for Windows cost more than an actual DVD player?!?

When I got my PC I stuck an after-market Blu-ray drive in the second bay, not realizing that you need a special program to actually USE it. So when I watch a DVD (I got rid of my television), I stick to the old format. But if somebody lends me a BR, I'm fucked.

I ripped a friend's BR DVD to watch using MakeMKV beta in a LINUX VM on said PC, but that has been my only success.

I looked on Amazon and the high end player programs are $60-$70. I'd rather pay $20-$30, but the ones in that price range look pretty iffy.

Is there some option I'm overlooking? Wouldn't even buying a physical BR player and trying to hook it up to a monitor fail because copy protection???
>>
>>61531928
>Using proprietary media
>>
It's free if you look hard enough...
>>
>>61531928
This is literally the only good reason for piracy, don't get me wrong I fully get piracy, Fuck paying for games and music, but 90% of people can afford them, including me. But shit like this where you need $70 on top of your player and DVD's is retarded.
>>
test2
>>
>>61531996
fse
>>
>>61531928
blu-ray on PC is for making and ripping blu-rays, not watching the DRMed crap in it
you better have bought a writer and not a reader-only device
>>
>>61532219
It's an ASUS BC-12B1ST. Why would I want to rip/make blu-rays, if I can't watch?
>>
>>61532219

PC is the only way I've ever watched blu-rays, but I have a niche use. I don't own any discs; I subscribe to the Netflix DVD mail service. I get a disk in the mail, rip it as an .iso file using AnyDVD and send it back, then play back at my convenience. I delete the rips after I watch them because I don't generally watch a movie more than once without a significant amount of time passing and I'm not investing in huge terabytes of storage to keep them all.

P.S. - PowerDVD is the only legit PC software option left; all the rest are shitty scams. ArcSoft TMT was good but the company dropped the product and it doesn't work on W10.
>>
>>61532619
Dude you sound autistic. What your PC improves the image quality of the dvd or what?
>>
>>61532619
powerdvd is shit. use mpchc + anydvd, or you could just download the movies like a normal person.
>>
>>61532666
>you could just download the movies like a normal person
[holding the actual movie in my hand] Hmm, I'd better download this!
>>
>>61532619
Thanks for responding. 60/100 EUR year/lifetime would be worth it if I watched a lot of Blu-rays. (I'm fairly confident PowerDVD would offer free upgrades.)
>>
>>61532661

Do you have comprehension problems? I don't own any discs. I rip and save them so I can get the disc back to Netflix ASAP so they send out the next one. That way I can watch 2-3 movies on the weekend when I have time instead of just one.
>>
>>61532753

I've never payed for PowerDVD. ;)
>>
>>61531928
vlc can play bluray
>>
>>61534377
If you've got some codec that allows it to do, please share it.
>>
>>61534645
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Blu-ray#VLC
>>
>>61534790
>loonix
Get the fuck outta here, freetard
>>
>>61534835
enjoy your bluray :^)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.