[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the biggest threat to cryptocurrencies in the future?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: fchamp.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fchamp.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
What's the biggest threat to cryptocurrencies in the future?

Can the goverment ban cryptos?
>>
>>61531316
Either ban or grab it by the balls.
>>
>>61531316
>>>/biz/
>>
>>61531424
they're too retarded to discuss anything that isn't shilling.
>>
>>61531461
Nobody cares, get back to your containment board
>>
File: BTCfuture.png (2MB, 1297x5111px) Image search: [Google]
BTCfuture.png
2MB, 1297x5111px
Nothing can stop bitcoin. Buy now or cry later.
>>
>>61531316
disinterest from the entirety of the world's human population, who seem to get by in their day to day just using actual money
>>
Get Fchimp off this fucking board
>>
>>61531316
What does FChimp have to do with technology?
>>
MODS! WE HAVE A CONTAINMENT BREACH! MODS!
>>
Can't. Coinbase demanded my ID, and I sure as fuck won't give my ID to an (((anonymous))) currency (((exchanger))).
>>
>>61531316
Legislation.

Also buy SIGT.
>>
>>61531316

Near future is that there is little to no regulation with exchanges so you can't exactly "trust" them

The only "safe" way to hold crypto right now is to store it in a cold wallet and hope it doesn't get exploited

Also, the high risk of a hard fork in the near future because of issues surrounding segwit.

Ethereum has its own problem with all the tokens running on the network - not having them run on a separate, but linked chain is a huge oversight.

>>61531424
>>61532817

Not OP but crypto is by definition technology. Also note that OP isn't directing his question at crypto as a currency in particular so I'm viewing it as a technical question
>>
>>61532842
Then use localbitcoins faggot
>>
>>61533009
That's where /hm/ rapes people
>>
>>61531316
>>61531423
>>61532899
How would they even manage to enforce a ban?
>>
>>61532977
>Not OP but crypto is by definition technology
Yes, but /biz/ was created specifically to take cryptoshit off of /g/. It is literally a containment board, and all discussion should take place there. This was announced when /biz/ went live.
>>
>>61531316

Probably just public distrust. I know there's sort of a circlejerk that says "people will come around", but even young, educated people are still very wary of them, if they're even really aware of them at all.

Then you've got shit like hacking. People don't know what hacking is. People don't know how to stop themselves from getting hacked, and they definitely don't know what hacking was avoidable.

It's the Tesla problem. Hundreds of cars spontaneously combust every year, and nobody bats an eye. Four Teslas spontaneously combust, and suddenly everyone is saying "Well it was obviously a bad idea to begin with anyone could tell you that."

Plus, a huge portion of money being used is government backing. If a bank gets hacked, the government guarantees a substantial reimbursement. Banks get bailouts. Governments don't like currencies they don't control, so they're not going to offer financial institutions that invest in cryptocurrencies the same benefit.
>>
>>61533569
This. Also quantum computing
>>
>>61531316
The biggest issue is that basically all cryptos are basically beta versions, qnd you can't change their protocols in the future (that's why they keep forking).

For example, bitcoin is vulnerable to quantum computers, actually there are no postquatic coins yet.

Gold doesn't have this problem and gold has been arround for millennia.
>>
>>61532842
I gave them an old, almost expired state ID...in a state that I dont even live in anymore
>>
I'm pretty sure the government can ban companies from accepting them.
>>
>>61533296

That I didn't know
>>
>>61536286
because you are a fucking newfag, it wasn't even created long ago.

Also, read the fucking sticky.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.