[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on the internet addiction?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What's your opinion on the internet addiction?
>>
Real, but manageable. Deleted my twattersock puppet account a couple days ago and it was the best decision I've made in awhile. The vast majority of the interwebs is just noise and essentially useless. Nigger filled social media sites are at the top of that list
>>
That excerpt is obviously bullshit though. "Attention span" is undefined, and 8 is the maximum? The average? I can focus and read a book or study for an exam or watch a movie for 2 hours straight. And my "attention span" is less than a goldfish?
>>
>>61521154

"Attention span" isn't decreasing. People's interest in certain things is. And when there's so much shit in the world, it really isn't that ridiculous of a thing to do. I would imagine that a man researching stuff online would not try to focus on the domestic violence happening next door. In the old days, you'd get an adrenaline rush from seeing a tumbleweed move across a field.
>>
If they watch tv episodes back to back and can tell you later what they saw then their attention span can stretch for many hours.

Microsoft spy bot EPIC FAIL.
>>
>>61521191
I hope you realise that 4chan is the worst social media site of them all in regards to focusing on things
>>
>>61523624
of course, but the complete lack of personally identifiable information makes it much more disposable and passive
>>
>>61523647
The lack of personally identifiable information also makes people much more likely to post retarded shit
>>
>>61523070
This is a fair point.

My father in law is 'addicted' to his phone. He's constantly browsing social media at dinner, or taking a phone call to talk to someone just minutes after an interaction or at events. One time, he forgot his phone and suddenly he was like his old self, interacting with people and everyone was pleasantly surprised.

I think people have always looked for ways to deal with boredom or uncomfortable events, it's just now, we have all these ways to deal with it quickly. Instead of thinking of small talk or giving the dog attention during breaks in conversation, we just pick up our phones.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.