[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone moved overseas, between any countries? What have your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Has anyone moved overseas, between any countries? What have your experiences been with region-locking, especially of cloud media content?

Or any other tech-related issues moving overseas?
>>
>>61520194
Are you implying anyone here left his basement anytime, anon?
>>
Are you implying only americuns lurking in 4 channels?
>>
>>61520194
Proxies mainly.

Big problem is Paypal. They won't allow you to change your country in your account. You basically need one account per country.
Main annoyance is that if you don't want to set up any payment methods in your new country, just use cards from your old country, and they decide your old account needs verification you can't configure a cellphone for a different country code, so you have to use your old phone/SIM card.
And if it dies or goes invalid then you can't make payments until you can sort it out.

It's a pain in the dick.
>>
>>61520512
Who are you responding to.
>>
>>61520194
Does a rom hack like this actually exist or is it jsut a wallpaper made for hipsters?
>>
VPN is your friend my nigga but so far everything I used before works.
>>
>>61520500
There are anons who live where basements are impossible. These anons are known as Florida Men.
>>
>>61520565
this.

paypal will also lock / freeze your account if they fail to verify your old address. so make sure you have no money left on it.

consider getting a prepaid credit card in your old country's currency. that was somewhat a problem for me because I still had some subscriptions up.
Other than that, if you use Android, banking apps of your new country won't work until Google decides to switch your residence location. Took me moths.
>>
File: merica.gif (3MB, 400x244px) Image search: [Google]
merica.gif
3MB, 400x244px
Why would you want to leave the greatest nation on Earth?
>>
>image implying that australia is a sand nigger's desert
>>
>>61521111
>Other than that, if you use Android, banking apps of your new country won't work until Google decides to switch your residence location.
You can switch it manually but it is a round'about method to do so.

I managed to get my location changed to Japan after finding it.
>>
>>61521170
It didn't work for me for a long while until I actually had the possibility to get a credit card in my new country (takes up to a year in Switzerland to get the required score for a newcoming foreigner) and added it to Google Play as my payment method.
>>
I can think of a few examples.
>Canadian
>Went to American university for four years of grad school

I remember trying to watch the Sochi Olympics on CBC.ca, only to have the stream unavailable in the States.

The worst part was moving back to Canada.
Ebay and Amazon shipping costs went up dramatically. Netflix got "worse". Pandora is not available.
I even noticed that some YouTube ads went from Spanish to French (Quebec resident).
>>
>>61521245
What you need to do is go to payments.google.com and in Settings change your country to your desired country.
>>
Some games on steam got play locked after i move from russia to usa
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.