[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Linux and OCD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: index.jpg (26KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
26KB, 600x338px
I have self-diagnosed Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) and I consider myself a perfectionist. I currently use Windows 10 and whenever I have to change a setting in Windows 10 I find myself flipping through all of the settings in order from left to right, top-down. So if I were to say, disable App diagnostics in Privacy, I would go to through all the toggles in System, then Devices, then Network & Internet, and so on. Similarly, when I have to use a program I go through them in order that they appear on my desktop. So if I wanted to open VLC Media Player I would go through GIMP 2, then Google Chrome, then Malwarebytes, then Minecraft, then Mozilla Firefox, then Mozilla Thunderbird, then Nightly, qBittorrent, then Speccy, then Steam, and finally VLC Media Player. Shit is really tiring so I find myself limiting my amount of programs, which could work on Linux because Linux has less programs if I understand correctly? I also try to do all of my settings changes and program installations in one go so I don't have to keep going through what I have described, but this takes a really long time and I find myself finishing the next day even if I started way early in the morning. Not only that, but I actually meticulously plan out every installation, settings changes, and every backup on a piece of paper because I install the software. Hell, don't even get me started on how much the OCD kicks in when I'm building the PC. But that's irrelevant because I already built it and now I'm asking you if I should install Linux on it. My main concern with Linux is that it has a lot of ways, much more than Windows, in how to customize it to your needs. I know this is great but all those things that need changing and configurations.... I've already experienced how much time I've spent configuring MPV because I had to go through each one, one-by-one, top-down, just to change each setting. I'm afraid Linux might be worse.
>>
>>61518217
Can you try again but in English, and also maybe get some professional assistance.
>>
File: 61iIgxwedXL.jpg (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
61iIgxwedXL.jpg
87KB, 500x375px
Did you seriously expect me to read all that?
>>
>>61518241
>>61518251
I like customization, but it leads me to go through every setting and every program one-by-one before I customize.
>>
>>61518283
You'll hate Linux then. Each program usually has like a thousands things you can change.
>>
>>61518217
>autism
>>
>>61518217
You sound underage and retarded as well, linux is not for you.
>>
>>61518494
What about a distro with easily accessible settings at the top level? By this I mean one were settings and configurations aren't hidden behind many layers, instead they're all laid out in a simple list. Does such a distro exist? I feel like it could be a good compromise for me.
>>61518514
OCD is not part of the autism spectrum.
>>
>I have self-diagnosed

stopped reading here
>>
>>61518217
Linux might be better for you because all customisation, changing of configurations, installation, maintenance, etc. can be done from the command line and by editing config files, so you wouldn't have to traverse through menus.

To start an application you might use a launcher, type in the name of the application and press Enter. Again, no menus.
>>
I do this shit too, just because I want to know what options my app has. You don't have OCD, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>61518573
This
Stop larping, OP
>>
>>61518217
>self-diagnosed
Stopped reading here.
>>
>>61518217
>I
Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>61518217
WIndows is shit for customization, there goes all you time, wasted on bloat.

On Linux you get so much freedom you go the other way around to minimalism and it helps with OCD.

Go Linux.
>>
>>61518592

You can use a launcher on any OS.
>>
>>61520864
>You can use a launcher on any OS.
My brother's launcher on Windows 10 (genuine, updated) doesn't work. Win+r or whatever. He also can't click the search box in the task bar.
>>
That's nothing compared to, for example, not be able to listen to special songs or do special actions like cleaning your shoes at the evening because you are scared that someone bad will happen. That's really shit which makes your life worse. One it went so bad that when there were 3 dirty cups on the table, I managed to take on 2 of them to clean, because I felt uncomfortable to take them all. Btw I am taking pills now and not suffering from it anymore.
>>
>>61521312
>because you are scared that someone bad will happen
We were all scared that Hillery would happen.
>>
>>61518217
>Linux

Stopped reading
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.