[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buddy gave me his old, broken work phone (iPhone 7). Things got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8974.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8974.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Buddy gave me his old, broken work phone (iPhone 7). Things got pieces of the screen missing and it won't turn on.

Anything I can do with it? Think it's worth dumping a few bucks into to fix/salvage?
>>
Give it back Jamal.
>>
GIVE
>>
>>61512698
without knowing what's wrong with it but for sure buying a new screen, and without any use in mind beforehand?

why do you need to ask if it'd be worth spending money to fix it in a case like this? do you usually ask people for advice in stupidly obvious situations like these?
>>
also an iphone 7 isn't old. it was announced less than a year ago. so if it's not working then your friend has handled it like a gorilla handles a tire.
>>
Hook it up to a comp and see if it responds. If working then pay for glass replacement. If on first boot, it's icloud locked just get him to unlock it. He is your friend, isn't he?
>>
>>61512740
By "old" I mean he's gotten a replacement since this thing has been trashed.

>>61512763
I plugged it in, but no response from the phone or computer
>>
>>61512802
Try booting to dfu mode and if the computer still doesn't recognize it, it's dead
>>
>>61512912
Update, computer recognizes it. Able to see pictures in the phones files. Actually it's just the one picture that is the Apple startup "Hello...Press home to open"
>>
>>61512740
>handled it like a gorilla handles a tire.
Like an orang utan with a banjo.
Said of a friend's technique at the drive-in.
>>
>>61512976
So it's fixable. New screen and digitizer is ~$100 on eBay. Instructions on ifixit.com.
>>
take it to an Apple store and let the dumbasses they call "geniuses" tell you how much money it costs to replace the screen. They won't even look at anything, and will probably tell you to replace it for $350. Fix it up, sell it, buy a new phone.

"I dropped it onto concrete when I got out of my pick up truck"
>>
>>61513495
> and will probably tell you to replace it for $350
It's only $129 for that. Wonder if it even worth it to buy screen and all the needed tools to replace it yourself.
>>
>>61512976
jailbreak it with the openssh bundle, ssh in over usb using iproxy and use apt to install veency, set a password in the plist file and restart the springboard, then vnc in to set up wifi. Apt-get install lighttpd and php-cgi and you've got yourself a new webserver
>>
>>61515008
So the phone was owned by my friend who works for comcast. Well after getting it all setup, it's asking me for Comcast Cable Communications credentials to log in.

Friend isn't willing to give me his login info, which I understand.

Any way around this?
>>
>>61515458
probably not without having your buddy log into that, once he does though he might have an option to completely remove the comcast portion from the phone and have it be a customer phone.
>>
>>61515577
any chance I could call Comcast customer service?
>>
Give it back Jamal
>>
Tyrone back it, give.
>>
>>61515577
>>61515642
give it back Martin Luther
>>
>>61512698
Give it back, Debian.
>>
So I'm guessing that's a no
>>
>>61512698
Dropped it while running away from the cop Jamal?
>>
I bet you're a real piece of shit.
>>
>>61512726
IT
>>
>>61517804
to me :^)
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.