[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok /g/ how can we get rid of javascript?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: js.jpg (25KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
js.jpg
25KB, 750x422px
ok /g/ how can we get rid of javascript?
>>
>>61512139
Not possible. It's all over the web and even if browsers stopped supporting it, websites would still depend on it.
>>
1) why would you want to? if it's because of pervasive anti-patterns, that's not the language's fault, but the community's. if it's something about the choices of the design of the language itself, go see a therapist because your autism is actually getting in the way of your life if you think about this enough to make a thread about it.
2) /g/ can't affect any change. when /g/ tried to make a linux distribution, it started with designing a logo and didn't even accomplish that.
3) even if /g/ wasn't overwhelmed with incompetent, good-for-nothing losers and had a lot of influential and generally competent people on the board, it still wouldn't be able to dislodge the most widely supported client side web programming language
>>
Making a language interpreter in Javascript so it is possible to use a different non-web language in the browser.

That's it.
>>
>>61512139
>Get rid of my favorite tool

Fuck you.
>>
>>61512211
Fuck off, Pajeet.
>>
>>61512139
By killing yourself, then you wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.
>>
File: IMG_20170722_171101288_HDR.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170722_171101288_HDR.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
>>61512218
Whiter than you dude
>>
>>61512211
>unironically likes js

dumb poopposter
>>
>>61512139
WebAssembly.

It's right around the corner. You will still have to tolerate the shitty DOM api, but could use any language that compiles to wasm.

>companies start using compiler-level obfuscation to bypass adblockers
The second golden age of reverse engineering is nigh upon us, lads
>>
File: woah.jpg (198KB, 566x333px) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
198KB, 566x333px
>>61512275
>>
>>61512139
>ok /g/ how can we get rid of javascript?
More important, how can we get rid of the browser environment?
JS is the least bad part about right now...
>>
As
>>61512182
said, the language is not the problem, web need something to run on client side, if there is no js then the same shit will happen in wasm/python/whatever language there will be. The real problem is overuse of JS, why thesaurus website takes 50% of my CPU to load? Why devs doesn't give a shit if their code is at least decent when it comes to optimization?
>>
File: bitch please go f urself.jpg (10KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
bitch please go f urself.jpg
10KB, 274x184px
>>61512139
>>
Just wait.
https://www.destroyallsoftware.com/talks/the-birth-and-death-of-javascript
>>
>>61512139
java applet and flash
>>
>>61512275
I'm so fucking excited for this shit.
>>
>>61512275
So does this mean I can finally login to any websites with lynx more?
>>
>>61512275
>entire web becomes closed-source
Thanks but no thanks.
>>
>>61512275
Ads would become unblockable and viruses/malware infections would spike up.
>>
>>61512240

fatter and greasier too I bet
>>
File: Akari receiving the dick.jpg (49KB, 632x757px) Image search: [Google]
Akari receiving the dick.jpg
49KB, 632x757px
>want to get rid of the second best language

fucking retard desu
>>
>>61516172
The entire web already is "closed-source", just because you CAN read the source doesn't mean you're allowed to.
>>
>>61516256
Don't confuse open source with open software. Even Windows can be open source under certain conditions. But it's not open software obviously.
>>
>>61512139
Make a version of basic for webpages and make it popular.
>>
>>61516245
Just because you're posting anime doesn't mean you aren't a smelly paneet.
>>
File: narusegawa from big bang theory.jpg (38KB, 594x480px) Image search: [Google]
narusegawa from big bang theory.jpg
38KB, 594x480px
>>61516316
i'm sorry but the pajeet's favorite language award is given to java
>>
>>61512240
>current year
>wearing wristwatches
>>
File: 2hu pking.jpg (44KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
2hu pking.jpg
44KB, 342x342px
>>61512139
Vanilla .js is actually kind of cozy.

The problem is nu males who don't even write javascript. They consider themselves a "<insert framework here> dev," which is absurd. So they have no idea what is going on in an already high-level abstract language because they're dealing with even higher level abstractions on top of that.

If this is you, PLEASE kill yourself for the collective good of the internet kudasai.
>>
>>61512139
Make people aware of Nim.
>>
>>61512187
http://plasma-umass.github.io/doppio-demo/
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.