[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lenovo Legion Y520

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: y520.jpg (46KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
y520.jpg
46KB, 700x700px
Hi guys, what do you think about the Lenovo Y520 for 820€?
I am looking for a laptop that's pretty fast and durable, I won't use too much for gaming but I like the GPU with 4gb ram.
I study computer science so I will need to run some virtual machines, compile C,C++, OCaml etc

Here is the spec list:
> Intel® Core™ I5-7300HQ (2,5 GHz - 6 MB L3)
>8GB RAM DDR4 (16 GB max)
>1 TB 7mm 5400rpm HDD
>Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
> 15,6 '' Full HD IPS display
Price: 820€

One of the thing that I am not too sure about is the 5200rpm HDD and no SSD, do you think that it will be a bottleneck?
Also I am looking to spend 900 max, so suggest other options too if you have better alternatives
>>
>>61508909
The only models Lenovo makes are T, X, and W. The rest are knock offs.
>>
>>61508909
>I5-7300HQ
meh
>8GB RAM DDR4 (16 GB max)
Get 16GB or don't bother
>Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB
meh
>1 TB 7mm 5400rpm HDD
>do you think that it will be a bottleneck?
It will be so slow you want to chew your arms off, unless you are still a blissfully ignorant pleb that has never used a computer with an SSD before
>>
>>61509003
I am a pleb and never used an SSD before desu
>>
>>61509055
In that case you should still get an ssd you will just be annoyed otherwise.
Pretty good deal though. Where in Europe are you?
>>
>>61508909
>i5

ENJOY YOUR STUTTERING AUSTIN PC!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1499965179246.gif (250KB, 333x396px) Image search: [Google]
1499965179246.gif
250KB, 333x396px
>>61508909
>gaymin laptop
It's neither portable nor powerful. Why not just get a gaymin PC desktop and then get a 300 dollar laptop with the same specs minus the discrete GPU?

I swear, you people are retarded. Enjoy your throttling.
>>
>>61509264
I live in Italy
>>61509357
I am poor and I am trying to find a compromise, I don't need high quality gaming or a lot of computing power, but I would like a versatile machine
>>
>>61509638
May I suggest the P50? The gaming laptop you listed will offer shit battery and once it reaches a certain temperature, you won't benefit from the GPU.

Integrated Graphics are pretty good these days, and the P50 has discrete graphics that are actually meant for mobile. You can also plug in an external GPU through thunderbolt so you can hook up that extra render performance at home and still have a decent laptop on the go.

Honestly, I'd just save up and get two separate computers, gaming laptops are more expensive long term and are the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>61509711
The P50 looks pretty good but I am finding it for at least 1500 which is too much for me, my budget is 900, and I know I can't get much with it but I'm trying to find the best deal
>>
>>61509759
>Italy
Forgot about this. Depends on how much performance you need I guess. Still, with a gaming PC, battery will always be an issue so I can't recommend it. You'll have to ask another anon.

Maybe you can forward it by mail? Hell, even the X1 is 500 on ebay in the states and the specs are quite nice.
>>
>>61509804
Yeah man and consider that I pay it 820 only because there is a special offer where they remove taxes, otherwise it would cost 900.
But I think I will look for another one, I can't accept that it doesn't have at least an SSD
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.