[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age did you grow up out of the linux desktop meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (137KB, 1228x729px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
137KB, 1228x729px
At what age did you grow up out of the linux desktop meme?
>>
>>
>>61507530
I never feel for it, though I did switch to Apple stuff.
>>
>>61507530
I switched to full-time tty at 21.
>>
>>61507530
Never.
>>
>>61507530
>At what age did you grow up out of the linux desktop meme?
WIntoddler is edgy.
>>
>>61507530
maybe next year
>>
>>61507530

35. i went full linux cli back then.
desktops are for lamers.
>>
>>61507530
Never fell for the neckbeard meme I always knew it was shit as everyday desktop, but I use it for servers.
>>
File: 04856zv.jpg (81KB, 540x707px) Image search: [Google]
04856zv.jpg
81KB, 540x707px
>>61507530
At what are are you growing out of vydia?
>>
>>61507530
Closest I've come to Linux on the desktop is using the GUI installer for RedHat.
>>
File: 1481539983256.jpg (1MB, 1440x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1481539983256.jpg
1MB, 1440x1260px
>>61507530
Poo in loo Pajeet
>>
>>61507530
>implying gnome isn't maximum comfy
>>
>>61507530
I'm 18 and just went to full gnu/linux
>>
>>61507530
>>
>>61507530
I prefer laptops. Desktop computers are basically only for video games or for making home servers.
>>
How long after first using windows did you're brain development cease?
>>
>>61507530
>dated a girl in college
>get to know her brother cus he likes tech
>get to talking about Loonix
>say I'd like to try it but I don't want it as my main OS cus I need MS Office etc.
>"Sure anon I can totally have both on the same drive in fact Linux will keep that silly Wangblows from crashing LOL"
>Uh lol okay let's give it a try then
>dumbass ends up nuking my fucking hard drive and ruins everything
>Whatever I guess I'll try Ubuntu 14.00938374 Faggot Unicorn or whatever the fuck they called it then
>quickly realize this shit is made and maintained by neckbeards and has fuck all compatibility with software used in the real world by normal people
>force captain autism to fix my fucking machine
>he uses some cracked bullshit install that's even more unstable than Loonix
>I had been considering getting a Mac for some time
>was tired of plastic laptops
>Looks like it's time to try one out
>Get a really nice 13" rMPB
>Everything is great and I finally feel like I have a well made machine
>literally first day I bring it to school captain autismo comes up to me in the quietest place in the library
>starts giving me shit
>"HURR ANON I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GOT A MAC LOLOLOLOL MUH LELNOVO PLASTIC SHIT MACHINE HAS TEH MORE POWERZ FOR DA GAYMZ XD"
>He's almost yelling at this point
>People around us are staring and are visibly upset with how fucking loud he is
>starts saying my Mac's SSD is only EMMC and the build quality isn't as good as his chinkshit Lelnovo IdeaPad(He didn't even have a fucking ThinkPad)
>Dude what?
>LOL FOR REALZ IT'S SLOW SHIT LOLOLOL
>show him the fucking specs and benchmarks
>"OH, OKAY I GUESS I WAS CONFUSED"
>Yeah no shit faggot

One time he told me about how much he hated one of his CS professors.......turns out that professor was literally the best in the whole school and captain autismo didn't like him because he prefers Mac OS instead of his precious Loonix.

>Tl;dr stay away from Loonix autists because they are pure social cancer
>>
>>61509939
That's an awful lot of words to tell everyone you're a faggot.
>>
>>61510027
So tell me this, if fags are so bad than why do they get the best os, phones, laptops, etc.

You guys just can't admit you've lost, linux is a joke, Windows is old, android is just terrible.
>>
19... Kinda. Set up a Windows 10 VM with GPU passthrough and started shilling against Linux purist autists online. I still prefer "the Linux desktop" for most of what I do on my computers because there is no better alternative for me, but I do realize that it's mostly a pretty bad software stack hacked together to usually work in modern circumstances.
>>
>>61510116
>Android is just terrible

IOS 7 was the last good os for the iPhone. Meanwhile Android has been making rounds on iOS.
>>
File: 837.png (148KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
837.png
148KB, 2500x1645px
>>61510170
>>
Never got into it and never will since there's a bunch of shit I use that isn't Linux supported. Do love Linux Mint on my X61t though since it wasn't an abysmal mess to install. Why the fuck do I have to talk to Cortana and watch a slow ass slideshow to install Windows 10? Anyways Windows for desktop Linux for laptop I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>61510027
>being this fucking butthurt over a story about one of your fellow autistic Loonix fags

Lol
>>
>>61509596
Whaddup summer
>>
I never fell for the Linux desktop meme. I use AutoCAD and solidworks too much. Also, being able to play Vidya without a windows vm gimping hardware is pretty nice too.
>>
>>61510626
Differentfag but why _summer_?
>implying highschooler nerds don't just start shitposting more once school starts to pass time in class and deal with anxiety from school
>>
>>61510027
>getting triggered by copypasta
>>
15, when I found out Mac OS X is actually good.
>>
>>61510116
>best phones
iPhones are trash and iOS just makes them even worse.
>best laptops
Zero key travel and the most retarded port selection I've ever seen, totally the best.
>>
>>61507530
never used it for my desktop,
however i still do user loonix on my laptop and htpc
>>
>>61510731
Smartphones weren't always a thing
>>
>use linux in engineering school
>whoops sorry we need to use proprietary software that only exists on Windows
>use linux in the professional world
>whoops sorry your provided workstation is a mac

It's not so much a case of me growing out of linux as it is a case of me growing into windows and OSX. Desktop linux is nothing more than a hobby, and "operating system" isn't my hobby. I prefer cooking and playing video games in my free time over ricing my i3 settings.
>>
>>61510626
summer my ass I've been on /g/ for 3 years now fucktard
>>
>>61513392
That's exactly what a summerfag would say.
>>
>>61513404
Okay so what I'm still saying the truth
>>
>>61513436
That's also something a summerfag would say
>>
>>61513445
Okay smartass go read the intel amd shill threads and /bst/ I bet you go there regularly
>>
>>61513466
Nah, Intel, Ryzen, Radeon, and bst are all filtered.
>>
>>61513499
Okay fine but you're still a faggot for being so smart pointing out summerfags, and you're not even good at it as we just saw it.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (78KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
78KB, 1280x800px
I don't play video games, so I rarely boot windows TO BE HONEST, FAMILY
>>
>>61513524
I never tried to point out a summerfag, I told you your posts were something summerfags would say.
>>
At what age will you grow up and stop trolling linux users?
>>
>>61507574
That's worse.
>>
>>61507530
Dumb premise. I'm a software dev, actually grew out of Windows and use Linux. Windows is for end users who don't know or care how computers work, and Linux is for developers.
>>
>>61515194
Who's Mac for?
>>
>>61515207
gay people
>>
>>61513554
>thought this was W95 before enlarging
nice
>>
>>61513554
What is your operating system and desktop environment?
>>
>>61513554
>>61515223
Disregard. I think you're using Xbuntu with a theme.
>>
Grow up out of it? Right before 2018, the year of the Linux desktop? You must be fucking insane
>>
>>61507723

F. he will be missed
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.