[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Century Link Gigabit Fiber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: gottagofast.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
gottagofast.webm
3MB, 720x404px
So I'm currently using Cox internet with 100 Mb/s speeds with decent latency and usually have no issues with the speed I do receive. However, I'm concerned that some of the video streaming going on in my house is maxing my bandwidth even with my router's QoS profile set up.

The prospect of newer and faster internet is very appealing to me. I'm interested in getting the Century Link 1Gb/s fiber that's available in my Las Vegas neighborhood for like 15 dollars more, but I see tons of shit reviews for Century Link. Granted, the bad reviews are probably over their shit-tier 40Mb/s and under internet that would probably deserve those reviews. Does anyone have Century Link fiber service and can recommend it? I'm just hesitant since Century Link always seemed like a shittier B-service for poor people and now they offer a gigabit connection, which is supposed to be a quality thing now.
>>
How does video streaming saturate a 100 Mbps link, unless you are streaming 16K panoramic video? I have a 7 Mbps line and everyone can stream video at the same time without problem.
>>
>>61506769
>Granted, the bad reviews are probably over their shit-tier 40Mb/s and under internet that would probably deserve those reviews
Expect 40Mb/s, or less unless you live in that one super secret neighborhood that nobody knows about.
>But it's a better 40 Mb/s fiber over copper anon
>why do you need 975Mb/s anon?
>>
File: bigbang.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bigbang.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>61507493
I've recently upgraded my wireless connection and have had some of my games drop out recently. I'm thinking during primetime and during initial video buffering it could be doing it for a short time.

>>61507633
I do have the gigabit connection available. There's fiber ran to my house already from CL's neighborhood install, just no ONT. CL's website even gives me the option for gigabit if I enter my address. For 15 more dollars it would seem to be too good of a deal and I'm wondering if their peering agreements are ass or something like that.
>>
>>61507970
>I do have the gigabit connection available
Are you centennial?
>For 15 more dollars it would seem to be too good of a deal and I'm wondering if their peering agreements are ass or something like that.
Honestly I'd go for it if it was available, but I'd still get cox for tv.
>>
>>61508056
Yeah, I live just off of horse and fort apache.
>but I'd still get cox for tv.
I don't have TV, so it's just internet for me. Since you seem to be local I'm paying 70 for Cox internet and the gigabit pre taxes is 85 without their "modem" rental fee (which is just a wifi gigabit router with PPoE and VLAN tagging).
>>
>>61508255
>I don't have TV, so it's just internet for me.
I read that centurylinks modem is shit tier if you bundle tv, so it would've been good to separate services if you needed that.
>Since you seem to be local I'm paying 70 for Cox internet and the gigabit pre taxes is 85 without their "modem" rental fee (which is just a wifi gigabit router with PPoE and VLAN tagging).
Ask about the data cap before you make the switch. Gigabit sounds awesome for $85+ unless it has some retardedly low data cap.
>>
>>61508650
>Ask about the data cap
Supposedly it doesn't apply to gigabit customers, since Century Link just encourages you to use a higher tier plan if you go over and the gigabit plan is the highest. Also Cox now has 1TB data caps for Vegas, too.
>>
>>61508801
>Supposedly it doesn't apply to gigabit customers
gigabit+no caps for $85. Fuck yea I'd switch.
>>
>>61508868
Well I guess it's time for me to shop for a new router that supports VLAN tagging. Any suggestions for high end wifi-ac routers?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.