[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever feel alienated by how much technology has progressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: untitled.png (31KB, 830x328px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
31KB, 830x328px
Do you ever feel alienated by how much technology has progressed since you were first exposed to it?
>>
>>61506037
No. Keep up or get out.
>>
>>61506037
No, but I do feel a little alienated by how tightly socjus has decided to wrap its tentacles around tech.
>>
File: qZGFwVx.png (588KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
qZGFwVx.png
588KB, 720x540px
>>61506037
Definitely when it comes to how people interact on newer social media platforms.

When I was a teenager I was part of that zeitgeist I guess, but now I can't believe the kind of stuff people willingly write on youtube etc. I feel confined to anonymous or semi-anonymous forums (chans, reddits, forums, irc).
>>
>>61506037
No, just by how much gaymgergaters think tech only belongs to them.
>>
>>61506091

Yep, started using the internet in the mid 90s and was taught not to share anything about myself online. Now its easy as hell to stalk people if you find their instagram.
>>
>>61506091
>>61506110
Exactly. The rules completely changed with facebook it seems.

For the people who only ever knew an internet where you use your real name I'm sure none of this feels weird, but for us who remember how it was before ubiquitous social media it feels frightening to attach your real name to everything you do online.
>>
>>61506037
One more for me is tablets and smartphones. I use them of course, but I prefer using my (expensive) laptop over tablets and smartphones. I'm just so used to the workflow, being able to easily save files, having multiple windows open, having easy access to the file system etc.

It seems like a lot of older people and many kids prefer using tablets and smartphones even when they have good laptops though.
>>
>>61506037
Most of this board is under 25, they're too young to be alienated yet, having been raised in the shadow of social media.
>>
>>61506037
>4gb "framework"
>"Progressed"

Air traffic controllers guided a nation of airplanes on 64k of RAM

Discord uses 14 jiggabytes of RAM and more resources than WoW

We use 600% effort/resources to accomplish the identical tasks of yesteryear.
>>
File: 1494480668046.gif (3MB, 480x364px) Image search: [Google]
1494480668046.gif
3MB, 480x364px
>>
>>61506443
And it's all allowed and enforced by people who buy things because the numbers are bigger than last year.

Even /g/ does this.
>What? You expect a web browser rendering text to use less than 500MB of memory? lol poorfag 16GB is the minimum these days.
>>
>go back to old forum you used to spend hours on
>last post was two years ago
>"Does anyone still come here?"
>no reply in thread
>previous post to that was years before even that
>you wonder if even the creator knows its still there...
>then one day it will just vanish...

I miss interest forums and fansites...
>>
>>61507105
no one is stopping you from writing your own browser
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.