[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ENTERING THE BOTNET

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: botnetted.jpg (64KB, 614x751px) Image search: [Google]
botnetted.jpg
64KB, 614x751px
Hello Fellow GNU/Linux users

I've been running on old trusty dualboot of Windows 8.1/Linux Mint for a while now, but had to recently redo my T430, and wondered if I shouldn't the whole botnet in Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

The version I installed, and am currantly posting from didn't ask to operate in an eviorment, and was KMS'ed on install, so my question I have to ask...

How much am I telling the botnet?

Since installing, my T430 fan doesn't spin up unless I really strain it with a game, and my battery life has jumped with 45min.

>tl;dr, tell an average user how big the proverbial dildo is I'm going to have to stomach on Win10 LTSB.

Hasn't updated yet, or shown any ads, so I'm nervously wondering when it's going to bend me over.

>In b4 Gentoo. I just want to talk about the botnet, and how adverse it is.

Thanks
>>
if you want to game you should just keep windows or dual boot. If you want to program or do other cool stuff I'd say linux. the learning curve isn't much at all if you go with an easy distro like ubuntu - so the problem of "is hard 2 use" will go away after the first hour or two of using it, assuming u aren't retarded.

I'm a bit biased, since for my job (work doing AI at a company that rhymes with MVIDIA) we *need* to use linux for literally everything, but last time i checked programming/ai/my-idea-of-work looked pretty shoddy on windows.
>>
>>61502504
Anime is Trinity Seven, by the way
>>
File: 1495719818520.jpg (11KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
1495719818520.jpg
11KB, 262x193px
>>61502504
Windows 10 LTSB has roughly 1/3 the botnet that the Home edition has, no ads, no Cortana, and no app store. It still has a dog shit UI and is the same patched together Pajeet shit that it has been since XP. You also don't get the same updates and security patches.

I've tired almost all Windows 10 versions in QEMU/KVM and LTSB is by far the least bloated and most stable. But let's put it this way, I would NEVER install that shit on my bare hardware or recommend that anyone do so. Use anything else. Linux, BSD variants, OS X, Android ARM or x86 builds, or even Temple OS are better choices. Do not listen to the CIA niggers trying to get you to install Windows.
>>
>>61502504
Running LTSB N on my work PC, preddy happy with it, still wouldn't replace my 7 ultimate for it at home, The "minimalistic" design isn't that comfy and I've no fucking idea what it's doing in the background/what ways it's using to spider it's way all over the PC.

Had to disable a lot of stuff mainly automatic updates and windows defender, ended up turning those two mainly back on, no fucks given.

And I also think it takes over your bootloader after install, but I am just mumbling.
>>
Thanks for the feedback mates.

Can anyone give me a recommendation on a good distro then.

Is Kubuntu with Plasma okay. Ideally I don't want to spend an hour every day trying to fix programs that go broken with updates
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.