[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Too Many Blanket Threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1309361576001.png (44KB, 245x212px) Image search: [Google]
1309361576001.png
44KB, 245x212px
Can someone tell me why you fools thought having a million general threads and eliminating every possible creative thread was a good idea?

Thinkpad General? Who in the fuck would need a dedicated thread for think pads?

PC building general? Here is what you do, go Google a YouTube video and pick out some nice parts from Newegg.

HOME SERVER GENERAL? WHY

>inb4 gtfo reddit newfag
Lurked /g/ for 3 years now.
>>
>>61500032
we plebbit nao
if it were up to me, I'd ban almost all these fucking generals.

worst offender is /watch general/. it has nothing to do with thech. it's just fashion.
>>
>>61500054
I wonder how many creative posts worth a damn would be seen if the generals were cleansed.
>>
>>61500032
>PC building general?
it's basically a specific stupid questions general, but if you went there it's got it's place
>>
>>61500095
What could they possibly ask? The most I've seen was recycled complaints about wires, and a few others birthing about motherboard placements. Except it's all in repeat. Half of these generals just recycle the same posts to stay relevant.
>>
File: 1496650427758.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496650427758.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
>>61500083
these fucking generals always have like 30 IPs in them. it's always the same mentally challenged fucks who keep on bumping the same thread all the time. these threads kill off other threads prematurely.

mods should just get rid of this shit.

>>61500095
>"building"
it's just a bunch of /v/ tard manchildren ASSEMBLING their gayming rigs from the cheapest chinkshit components they can afford from the monthly allowance they get from their mom. it's a bullshit general.
>>
>>61500032
/g/ is too slow of a board. Removing generals would just kill the board even faster.
>>
>>61500184
Except if we stopped people circlejerking in the generals, we have an influx of created threads because of the groups of users without a home to shitpost in.
>>
If you care about the included topics, read the threads. If you don't, hide them.

The problem with "every possible creative thread" was that it really played out as "every possible Anon wanting his own share of attention." We shouldn't need generals. People should just participate in threads that exist and make new ones if they don't exist. Instead special snowflakes generate pages of threads showing off how THEIR ThinkPad is the bestest of them all. Hiding dozens of threads is a pain in the ass for those who don't care.

Generals are good. Use thread hiding.
>>
>>61500130
It's like that because of how 4chan works in general. There are a lot of specific questions, like about hardware for extremely specific tasks.
It exists so the stupid questions thread doesn't get clogged with pc building questions.

>>61500138
>it's just a bunch of /v/ tard manchildren ASSEMBLING their gayming rigs
Yes and? Computers are used for gayming too. If you really want to go after certain generals, go after thinkpad and private tracker. The anime torrent site too, but I haven't seen that one in a while.
>>
>>61500260
>Yes and?
that thread should be in /v/. all they discuss are fucking GPUs for vidyas. no one else gives a fuck.
>>
>>61500032
What do you propose? Threads on page ten have gone literal days without replies. There's no need for generals to go, and while they're here, you have a convenient place to talk about said subject.

Plus, generals are very informative. If it weren't for /ptg/, I'd still be a nyaa/tpb/rutrackercuck slurping up deadfish reencodes and 192kbps transcodes with fucked up tags. If it weren't for the watch general, I wouldn't have a goddamn clue how a watch actually works because I'd never have had the curiosity to justify learning if I didn't see "watch thread" every day.

If you don't like the threads currently on /g/, make your own. We aren't your personal jesters.
>>
>>61500429
First you build the ghetto, THEN you bring the trains. Learn from history.
>>
>>61500032
Are you mentally retarded or just a fucking idiot?
>>
>>61500500
I think we should demote the generals and make them colonels
>>
>>61500500
>>What do you propose?
Give the whiners what they want until they choke on it and die. Kill every general and even veiled attempt at a general that appears. Let the board become filled with short and short lived threads that disappear after one or two exchanges.
>>
I wanted to make a dental hygiene general since 4chan doesn't have a health board anymore.
/fit/ used to handle that.
>>
File: 1462335764698.png (603KB, 938x642px) Image search: [Google]
1462335764698.png
603KB, 938x642px
moot claimed he would slay the generals, but he abandoned us instead.
Now we're stuck with them,
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.