[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alright give me the scoop, what is the catch for companies that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: y-combinator.jpg (28KB, 680x320px) Image search: [Google]
y-combinator.jpg
28KB, 680x320px
alright give me the scoop, what is the catch for companies that receive money for start-ups? Something doesn't seem right to me about Y Combinator
>>
Read the wiki, they get 7% equity.
>>
>>61483829
no its gotta be more than that. I don't mean in actual value, but something more.
>>
Depends on the company. Some basically become taken over by reps for the VCs and spun into something which is meant to be gobbled up by Alphabet or Verizon or something. Founders get a healthy cut of the profit and everyone parts ways in 1-3 years.

For others, there is no catch. Investors are willing to lose their shirts, so to speak, 80-90% of the time with the hope of eventually catching a unicorn. They'll lock in preferred shares for themselves and make demands of the executives regarding monetization of the product, of course, but for them it's just a roll of the dice. A few million here and there with the hope that one will become the next Dropbox.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.