[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 2TB external HDD I use for storage and backups, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: help me plz.png (9KB, 1266x105px) Image search: [Google]
help me plz.png
9KB, 1266x105px
I have a 2TB external HDD I use for storage and backups, and for some reason it only lets me use 866GB of space, leaving all the rest into 2 Unallocated Spaces. (see pic)

Can I combine these unallocated spaces with my allocated volume without having to format or lose files? I can't move the files off the drive for backup/storage, this is my only drive bigger than 320GB.
>>
>>61481332
you just need to format those unallocated spaces, but you can't merge them because they're not together

formatting the whole thing would be optimal
>>
>>61481395
But I can't lose the files on the one usable partition. Those contain years of computer backups, software dumps, and graphic design projects for multiple high dollar clients (bands, YouTubers, law firms, etc)
>>
>>61481440
but still formatting the empty space will give you access to that unused space, there's nothing there
>>
File: Extend_Step1.jpg (321KB, 1269x646px) Image search: [Google]
Extend_Step1.jpg
321KB, 1269x646px
>>61481440
if you have high dollar clients, you should be able to afford a second drive to make a temporary copy.
then you delete everything off the first drive, recreate the partitions, and move it back.
heck, keep the data on both drives. if one dies, you still have the other

btw, that looks like a 3TB drive

anyway, if you want to do this the long way (which will put quite a lot of wear on the drive)
1. create an ntfs-formatted partition in the 915.63 unallocated space.
2. copy the data from H onto the 915.63 (that's the step that puts a lot of wear)
3. delete H and the 931.57 partitions
4. right-click your 915.63 and pick extend volume (pic related). then let it fill up all the remaining space. that way you have one single partition that takes up the whole drive.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.