[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 800px-Ada_Lovelace_portrait.jpg (300KB, 800x1149px) Image search: [Google]
800px-Ada_Lovelace_portrait.jpg
300KB, 800x1149px
Do you know somebody or some company who uses it?
>>
No but wouldn't surprise me if the US military still does
>>
One guy.
Embedded stuff
>>
>>61478558
Dinosaurs
>>
File: ss-2017-07-21-00-23-39.png (61KB, 572x156px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-07-21-00-23-39.png
61KB, 572x156px
>>61478968
rip
>>
>>61479741
300,000 line increase from Ada to Java. Christ on the Cross Java--why is mediocrity such a verdant cancer
>>
>>61479741
Why java?
>>
>>61479869
LTR, Algol-on-bathsalts syntax and JVM make it hard for ISIS to write 0-days to deface their blogs
>>
>>61479869
write once, deploy everywhere.
And it's cheaper than ada.
>>
File: ss-2017-07-21-00-35-10.png (126KB, 938x570px) Image search: [Google]
ss-2017-07-21-00-35-10.png
126KB, 938x570px
>>61479780
the new system is more complex. also this is one of the most retarded metrics you can use to measure software quality

>>61479869
http://www.artist-embedded.org/docs/Events/2011/JTRES/Slides/JTRES-Winkler.pdf
>>
Is worth learning ada for something?
>tfw still in a crush with a girl called Ada
>>
>>61479908
but everything here points to a short timeline and an unskilled team, not noting complexity at all? they picked Java because it's for retards who need to be spoon fed. This is just proof that even the military has idiots calling the shots over their engineers.

Also, not even counting 'lines' of code I assure you the footprint of that Java code is indeed far more massive and cumbersome despite it's "mobility"

>>61479915
no, look at something Lisp-like, like Racket, Scheme, or even CL if you're looking for an old language to learn that isn't Algol-like
>>
>>61479991
oh wow, you sound like an angry dotpajeet or hardcore c neet

>footprint
>massive
>cumbersome
okay, it's probably the latter
>>
>>61479991
>no, look at something Lisp-like, like Racket, Scheme, or even CL if you're looking for an old language to learn that isn't Algol-like

why lisp? gcc can compile ada and optimize it. secure and fast. what the newer languages have better to offer?
>>
>>61479908
> hindsight.jpg
I know that feel.
>>
>>61479915
Ada will make you a better programmer because you will have access to better data structures and data types. For example, a record in Ada can contain variable-length arrays (contiguous storage, not pointers to arrays) and you can allocate it on the stack. You can't do that in C.

>>61479991
Lisp-like languages like Racket can't compete with Algol-like languages like Ada. Ada doesn't use a garbage collector and it's designed for systems programming and highly reliable software. They are made for different purposes.
>>
I use VHDL, so it's kind of like Ada.
>>
>>61479882
<raspy snickering>
>>
>>61480702
>Lisp-like languages like Racket can't compete with Algol-like languages like Ada. Ada doesn't use a garbage collector and it's designed for systems programming and highly reliable software.
That. I don't care if it unpopular. It is more popular than young safe languages that lack a GC such as Rust, according to Tiobe index.
>>
>>61480702
>They are made for different purposes.
I can easily make fast secure web apps using a decent IDE, namely GPS. No shitty Android Studio or Eclipse.
>>
>>61478558
i use it at work its okay
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.