[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the new pop up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: web 6.0 cancer.jpg (18KB, 357x148px) Image search: [Google]
web 6.0 cancer.jpg
18KB, 357x148px
Is this the new pop up?
>>
>>61475775
what does it even do? I had it enabled for YouTube but I never see any notifications.
>>
>>61475805
It probably notifies you when someone replies to one of your comments or when someone you follow uploads something.

News sites just use it to spam you with articles.
>>
>>61475775
Are sites choosing to display this or is it some sort of Chrome glitch?

My assumption is it's the new "sign up for our mailing list" and a way to force spam to your notification tab.
>>
>>61475805
It displays notifications from a website even if it's not the currently active tab. If you use Firefox you can go to about:config and set dom.webnotifications.enabled to false. This will also prevent the permission popup from appearing.
>>
push notifications bruh
>>
>>61475851
>Are sites choosing to display this or is it some sort of Chrome glitch?
The former.
>>
>>61475862
looks like I'm going back to Firefox then, that and the dumb download bar in Chrome is ruining my web experience.
>>
>>61475957
You can disable those in Chrome too, you dumb fuck
>>
>>61475957
Push API is on Firefox as well.

You can choose to block it on both browsers.
>>
>>61475862
Oh... will probably need to set dom.push.connection.enabled and dom.push.enabled to false as well.
>>
>>61475987
Fuck you, ChromeCuck.
>>
>>61476105
>stop letting people know about things you can do in Chrome REEEEEEE
>we need all the users we can get
>>
4chanx uses these notifications preaty comfy.
It alerts me when i get (you)s
>>
File: 1494938738311.png (228KB, 200x235px) Image search: [Google]
1494938738311.png
228KB, 200x235px
>>61476105
>I can't use a fucking browser like a person
You are one of those who deserve to be spammed
>>
>>61475775
YES
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>61475775
>x wants to access your location
>x wants to show notifications
>x wants to use your webcam

MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>61475957
>he thinks html5/etc features are browser-dependent
>>
>>61476242
It's easy to disable all of those things universally though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.