[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Software development

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0174.jpg (25KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0174.jpg
25KB, 239x211px
Hey guys. Looking into software development and seems kinda interesting. Anybody with personal experience that can fill me in on it and if it's worth pursuing?
>>
>>61473337
Yes
>>
>>61473337
stay away
>>
>>61473371
Any reasons as to why?
>>
>>61473337
As a hobby? Sure. As a profession? No. Pursue anything else. The software development ship has long since sailed.
>>
>>61473457
It's a good field if you are motivated to work hard and do things in an intelligent way.
>>
>>61473482
>The software development ship has long since sailed.
that's such a bunch of baloney.
>>
>>61473520
Yeah, enjoy competing with foreign labor who can, and will, do the job for a fraction of what you're asking. Enjoy getting paid peanuts to work on projects you couldn't care less about. Wake up everyday to the joys of getting holed into languages you don't want to learn, let alone work with.

I'm glad that I'm basically a relic of a by-gone era at this point. I'm afraid I'd lose any and all passion for the job if I had to work in the current environment.
>>
>>61473482
I'm not gonna argue with that as I have little knowledge about it. But I'd much rather like to know if there's a chance if given the effort.
>>
>>61473579
Of course there's a chance. You can work hard and achieve exactly what I mentioned in my previous post. Those, and many other headaches, are waiting for the truly ambitious to seek them out and "earn" the chance to sludge through them until retirement age. Hopefully.
>>
>>61473337
Do this and come back next year https://www.edx.org/micromasters/software-development
>>
>>61473551
I can't relate to any of these problems. I'm a domain expert at the level where you'd have difficulty finding anybody else in the whole world that knows as much as me.

More generally, I think that it's not difficult to be a good hire if you have an expertise worth paying for and good communication skills.
>>
>>61473579
Also, try to remember where you are. You're on /g/ right now. This place is roleplaying central. Soon enough, the bullshitters will be along to regale you with their fictional stories about making 200k a year maintaining legacy COBOL code or how they're completely indispensable wizards in the field and everyone else just isn't as good as they are.

>>61473630
Well, look at that. While I'm typing out this post we get the first example.
>>
>>61473656
I'm not lying, but I won't publish my identity on 4chan.
>>
>>61473702
Nah, you're lying. Just like the next 50+ posts will be. Anime-obsessed neckbeards playing pretend hackers with GNU/Linux and BSD systems are making huge bank to post here with the newest ricing tips.
>>
>>61473337

What I am working on at the moment...

http://104.131.160.52/dashboard/
>>
>>61473482
Are you for real? >90% of my coursemates from college have found work, and I've just graduated
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.