[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planned Obsolesence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 26-104-857-07.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
26-104-857-07.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
my G500s(reskinned version of the "Perfect" G500) has started giving up the ghost after about 3 and a half years of use. Once every 2 minutes it will turn off for a few seconds. This becomes incredibly irritating when I'm playing video games(Yes I'm mentally retarded.) This seems to be due to planned obsolesence by logitech, I treated it perfectly and I guess the only way that they can get people to buy more of their shitty mice?

So my question. Is there any tech companies that dont use these dirty tactics to get more returning customers?

On a side note, I need a new mouse that wont go to shit so quickly. I want at least 10 years and I dont see why (other than by an intentional defect) it shouldn't be able to last that long.
>>
>>61464911
Buy a mouse with a replaceable chord. I suggest the G700. Chords go bad due to flex/etc. When those fix cables die, you're s.o.l. Nothing is actually wrong w/ the mouse, just the cable. The G700's cable can be replaced with a standard micro usb cable. Chord goes bad after 3 years of use, junk it and replace with another $5 cable.

best wishes desu
>>
>>61464911
You sure the cable isn't just fucked? I replaced it on my G400, the mouse itself is still in flawless working condition now, like 6 years later or something.
>>
you did not treat it perfectly if you are playing games.
>>
>>61464911
I've used my G400s for like 5 years or so and it's working fine.
>>
>>61464911
I have been using the exact same mouse too for 4 years now and it works fine too, your case doesn't seem widespread from what I can find online. Still sucks for you though, I can see why you'd be pissed.
>>
I'm on the G400s, will probably try to replace the microswitch when the double clicking kicks in.

Did that on the G302 but then the scroll wheel died, I was pretty pissed.

I think Asus is the only one that makes a solderless microswitch mouse that they advertise as user replaceable.
>>
I'm using a 7 year old logitech performance mouse mx. Planned obsolescence isn't what you think it is. The materials and parts you use are rated for a certain length of life. Like a button might be rated for x amount of presses. Parts that last longer cost more, which are passed on to the consumer. People seem to generally prefer cheaper stuff, so cheaper components get used. It's not designed to break so you have to buy a new one, it's designed to last less long than a device made of higher quality part because less people want to buy something that's much more expensive.
>>
>>61466495
This makes sense. Thank you
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.