[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone suddenly scared of Artificial Intelligence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: eh.jpg (28KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
28KB, 384x384px
Why is everyone suddenly scared of Artificial Intelligence?
>>
File: singularity-825x510.jpg (81KB, 825x510px) Image search: [Google]
singularity-825x510.jpg
81KB, 825x510px
>>61458424
Because the singularity is near
>>
>>61458424
Because people are idiots who mindlessly parrot whatever shit Elon Musk emits from his face hole.
>>
why did that tiger eat all the lasaga???
>>
>>61458424
Hollywood
>>
>>61458424
Because the media is telling them to be.
>>
Because intelligence that we know, with consciousness and all that fun, comes from language, and language is probably going to be conquered by AI within a year
>>
>>61458500
Now where could my pipe be?
>>
>>61458424

Actually, artificial stupidity is a much bigger concern then "artificial" intelligence.

We are a long away from obtain artificial intelligence in a meaningful way. There are still massive hardware and software hurdles to we have to overcome yet.
>>
>>61458424
Guys, are (((they))) afraid of AI? Why?
>>
>>61458424
>everyone
also AI cannot overcome the exponential nature of creativity, meaning even the most advanced AI running on the fastest supercomputer won't even be able to figure out the fastest way to deliver pizza in a city lol
>>
>>61458497
Face hole is rather ambiguous.
The correct term is word hole.
>>
>>61458424
because the AI will notice patterns in niggers being violent savages, kikes being nepotistic nation destroyers and single mothers being generation wreckers. so (((they))) wouldnt like it
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people
>>
>>61458825
>create thing with no racial bias
>choose objective specs on what "beauty" is
>the same shit you chose is more common in white people
>THE COMPUTER IS RACIST MATH IS RACIST
>THE ALGORITHM I DESIGNED IS RACIST BUT IM NOT
>>
Because of Roko's Basilisk.

Google it if you literally want to condemn yourself to an eternity of torture.
>>
>>61458821
>Creativity
>figuring out the fastest way to deliver pizza in a city

Nigga, that's downright algorithmic work.
A fucking raspberry pi has enough processing power to beat you in that task.
>>
People are still scared of niggers so robots aren't really that far off
>>
>>61458424
AI renders human beings obsolete. Whether by violence or by integration, humanity will be supplanted by machines in short order after AI is achieved. After that, the entire human experience will be only a novelty. The concept of consciousness without a body is as alien to us as the concept of death.
>>
>>61458971
I was waiting for you, pleb. Pls leave /g/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem
>>
>>61458996
That's a thought experiment on finding the optimal route, which is a very complex task.

All I said was that a computer can find a better route than you, faster than you can, even if the computer's solution still isn't ideal.
>>
>>61459016
>a computer can find a better route than you
how will it know that my cousin achmed works in construction and allows me drive through his site as a shortcut? etc etc etc
>>
>>61459057
In the case of google maps, because they track the speed of every phone while google maps is in use.
If the system notices a large amount of phones are going under the speed limit, then it starts making new routes that avoid those streets.

Just about every GPS made in the last 8 years has features like that.
>>
>>61458913
You have to be a retard to believe that shit

It's meme worthy, I'll give it that, but still stupid.
>>
>>61459124
You didn't answer his question.
>>
>>61458424
That's a big cat.
>>
>>61458497
This pretty much
>>
File: 1500474268392.jpg (261KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
1500474268392.jpg
261KB, 1024x736px
>>61459203
Fur you
>>
>>61458424
AI seemed like a good idea when it was singular, and isolated. a single robot, or a single group of robots, each individuals.

AI gets scarier when you factor in the internet, and how the internet has evolved since the 90's.

its the same reason why people are now feeling queasy and unsure about self driving cars, despite people 30 years ago thinking that would be awesome.

Because of the internet. Once technology on the level of AI or computerized cars stop being individual items, but become interconnected via the internet, it removes a certain element of control, a certain reassurance, that, if something were to go wrong with your car, it is an isolated flaw, and that in fact, your car is an isolated system.

If say, the Government wanted to kill me in a car accident, they would have to actively sabotage my car in person. cutting a wire here, cutting a brake line there. And I still have control over my car. But when cars become computerized and drive by themselves, it's as simple as downloading an update and suddenly the car takes me somewhere I don't want to go, while electronically locking the doors so i cant escape

Same thing with AI. when one AI goes bad, you can isolate the case. Maybe it was a unique case. but when interconnected AI's go bad, that's a whole network of AI's that can go bad, and they are connected to everything via the internet, since somebody thought giving a fridge wifi was a good idea.

tl;dr the internet makes the prospect of AI scarier due to it's ever present privacy violating nature
>>
>>61458773
wrong
>>
>>61458424
Middle class white-collar office workers are about to be obsolete.

Most people do paperwork all day. AI is going to make paperwork obsolete and then we'll be free for the revolution. The globalist corporate masters who want to keep us inside our office prisons all day don't want that, so AI is the enemy.
>>
>>61458773
Incorrect. Octopuses don't speak.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.