[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Artist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Neroche.png (156KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
Neroche.png
156KB, 500x291px
I unfortunantly bought the Surface Pro 3 thinking it was a dapper piece of a equipment. Turns out its shit. Ive been trying to find a computer with these attributes:
*Runs Adobe, Photoshop and Sai easily.
*Doubles as laptop and tablet with pen
*Is not fucking fragile
*Perhaps good quality camera of mic
*long battery life
>>
Unless you bought one of the really low-spec models, a SP3 should run those programs fine. PS and Sai don't have good multithreading so a dual-core CPU is acceptable. Could you elaborate on what issues you were having?
>>
don't exist foo

windows is the only one doing the tablet + laptop thing and it's still the same price to just buy a tablet separate with a laptop
>>
>>61449242
name one such combination even close to the quality of the surface brand that comes with a pen
>>
File: 1499649593038.jpg (2MB, 3900x2624px) Image search: [Google]
1499649593038.jpg
2MB, 3900x2624px
>>61449268
>>
>>61449298
he can't use photoshop on that piece of shit
>>
>>61449298
kek <- this one
kek
kek
kek
kek
>>
Yeah, i realize that theres a chance that i bought a low-spec model. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 which is pretty old. And not even that runs smoothly. When i had sai, i couldnt draw smooth or natural lines whatsoever, the sensitivity wouldn't work. And now it isnt even syncing with the pen anymore. My programs will even shut down randomly and i have lost sooo many drawing because of this.
So, even if i did decide on just settling with a laptop and a tablet; what should i get then? I dont know that much about different models and how well they work.
This thread was mostly for artist who have used these devices, i wanted their opinion on what they use and what they like.
>>
>>61449298
That'd be retarded anon. obviously the part running windumb should feature pen input.
Pen input on a toy is nice and stuff, but in the end doesn't compare to a pen in windows.
>>61449450
did you get a version with 4 gigs of ram possibly? That sounds like it's the issue here.
Personally I got the HP elitebook x360. Very happy with it.
>>
>>61449165
Rīga vaine?
>>
File: 4932e85bb8be2b39c632f360010f27f3.jpg (126KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4932e85bb8be2b39c632f360010f27f3.jpg
126KB, 1080x1080px
Buying an expensive techno gadget won't make you good at art, it just becomes a new medium to work with
>>61449332
I think there's Astropad for W10 now, but I haven't checked
>>61449298
bs, you can find SP4s for dirt cheap now that they're on clearance, and the new pen works on it too
>>
I just checked, and shit. I did buy the 4 gigs of ram. Fuck me. HP elitebook x360? Could you tell me more about it?
>>
>>61449695
Battery life is great, like 10h of actual use
trackpad works like a charm
keyboard doesn't have much travel, but feels very responsive and tactile. It's something you need to get used to, but isn't necessarily bad
Screen could be a little brighter and fhd is less then the current surfaces have, it's enough for me though. Colors are good.
Fan is usually off/silent
build quality is very nice
Pen works great, just like every wacom pen.
Also it comes with 3 years of warranty, which is nice.
Big con is that you're paying 1.5k for a i5 ulv, which is a lot, honestly. I got it cheaper bc of education program, but the ordinary prices are really high I think.
Notebookcheck should have a very in detail review up, maybe check that one out. If you want to know anything special, let me know.
>>
>>61449450
Can you list your specs?
You might have gotten one with an anemic Core-M CPU.
However, overall I think you might just have software/config problems. I've been using these programs for many years, on hardware that's utterly ancient now (starting with the pentium-m TC1100) with good results.

>When i had sai, i couldnt draw smooth or natural lines whatsoever, the sensitivity wouldn't work.
Make sure you're using Sai v2. The old version doesn't support n-trig digitizers properly.

>My programs will even shut down randomly and i have lost sooo many drawing because of this.
Something is severly broken with your OS install. You probably need to do a full clear.

You probably don't need to get a new computer. If you do, the HP x360 is alright, but the screen is significantly worse than the SP, and the 16:9 ratio blows for drawing. The spec options on the x360 are not significantly different from the SP series for this work.
>>
>>61449165
I agree as an SP4 owner. The screen and pen have way too much resistance so it feels like drawing on rubber. Lines tend to jitter up to 8 pixels. The pen button requires too much force to push and is awkwardly positioned so you'll have to change your grip completely to press it for color picking or such.
The machine doesn't have enough power to zoom and rotate a canvas without lag in any software I used.
Most of all, pc-software doesn't work well without a keyboard. At least on such a tiny screen. So you end up constantly straining your muscles because of the precision movements required hit tiny, unresponsive touch buttons.

Samsung Notebook 9 pro seems nice, too bad it's not coming to europe.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.