[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you get a job with just knowing python?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: python-logo-3.6.gif (28KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
python-logo-3.6.gif
28KB, 800x480px
Can you get a job with just knowing python?
>>
Yes, but not as a programmer kek
>>
>>61445877
what as?
>>
>>61445891
Something with a lot of annoying monotonous tasks
>>
>>61445906
Kek, you're such a fucking faggot its not funny.

Python is excellent when working with spreadsheets bigger than excel can handle because pretty much anyone can pick it up and understand what is going on.

Sorry Python isn't the primary language to make gayymes.
>>
>>61445891
I dunno, anything else? Python on its own isn't going to be of much value to anyone. It screams "pay someone in Bangalore $0.07/hr to do this job." But having a tech background is still nice for any position in the industry. It's even handy outside of the industry.

I've never worked in tech but I use little scripts and Linux applications to make my job easier. That in turn makes me more effective and I build my professional reputation. Leverage every skill you've got.
>>
>>61445978
>Leverage every skill you've got.
Unless you're a nigger. Nobody likes thieves
>>
>>61446008
Well, depends on the kind of thievery. White collar criminals get plenty of love. Your first point stands though.
>>
Honestly, if you can get a good foundation in networking (think CCNA or CCNP) and are really good with Python/Scripting in general you can make a lot of money. The networking field is just getting on the automation train and people with that skill set are in high demand.
>>
>>61446041
So basically OP's question should have been "What should I learn after Python to get a job?"
>>
>>61446008
Fuck off. I used my background in tech to steal/resell laptops and phones when I was in college. Having a tech background is the best even when you're a poor nigglet trying to get an education.
>>
>>61446065
Pretty much. I'm not in development so I don't know how that world works, but I'd imagine it's more than people who literally only know programming languages. You need to be able to do things with your code that either people want to buy or companies want to pay you to do for them.
>>
>>61445870
You could if you know a ton of math (like masters degree math/stats level) or networking like this anon said. >>61446041 I used to work with network engineers who knew a lot of bash, Perl, and Python. That's also a pretty safe job because you need technical people on the ground to troubleshoot, so Pajeet hasn't decimated it. You probably need some skill other than pure Pyton/scripting otherwise Pajeet in Bangalore will due it for a bowl of rice.
>>
>>61445870
no, learn cobol
>>
>>61445978
Can you give an example of a task made easier with your knowledge of programming? I am retarded
>>
>>61445870
I once got a job without even knowing Python, I just said in my resume that I knew python and first day I read a couple of tutorials.

They never found out.
>>
Yes, though it certainly doesn't hurt knowing more.

I got a job doing pretty much exactly what I wanted to do knowing primarily Python. I did shit for courses in PHP/Java/C++, and little bit of stuff on my own in Go.

But I got a good job I enjoy doing most of the work with Python.
>>
>>61447109
Not that guy - but I use python to scrape competitors for specials and do stocktake analysis using python. Means I can export straight from the tills -> script make an order. Even creates the csv's that I would have originally made and passed onto to management.
>>
>>61445870
mos def. Just look at any job postings
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.