[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dell U2515H vs U2518D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1821.jpg (97KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1821.jpg
97KB, 800x800px
Guys I want to buy a new dell monitor and I can't decide between these two models.

I'll use it as an all rounder, from photo editing to movies, I'll play some video games too since I have a nice rig.

The 2515h is a consolidated model while the 2518d is brand new and also has the HDR feature, still I can't find any single review.

What do? Go with the "old" one or jump on the newer display?
>>
As someone that was looking into buying the U2515H, don't bother.

Look for the UP2516D, it's a newer version, and pretty much everything about it is better, and sometimes it's even cheaper, depending on where you buy it.
>>
>>61439373
On my local Amazon the 2516 cost more than the new 2518, which is cheaper if bought from dell website.

Are they similar?
>>
On paper the U2518D looks overall better, however with a Dell monitor you will never get a bad product. Guaranteed.
>>
File: IMG_1612.jpg (50KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1612.jpg
50KB, 400x400px
Bamp
>>
>>61439373

The U2515H is designed for SRGB, each monitor even coming with its own color calibration profile. The UP2516D is a completementary product, not a replacement, with the full Adobe color spectrum and a so-so srgb emulation mode.
Unless you have something specific to use Adobe for, it makes no sense buying the UP2516D. The U2515H will be better for srgb games and media.

>>61440003
The U2515H had some of the most laughable quality control I've ever seen on a monitor for the first couple of months. As in half screen yellow tint, or obviously crooked bottom bezel. It's fine now, but don't overhype Dell - they're just as bad as the rest
>>
>>61441651
It couldn't have been worse than the Asus PG279Q debacle that still continues to this day.
>>
>>61442363

because Asus stubbornly refuse to fix the design where the bezel presses the panel for maximum BLB. I can't fathom why they didn't after that horrendous 20+ monitor PG279Q test where most of them failed on BLB

The S2716DG and S2417DG have some banding problems if rumors are to be believed
>>
So in the end the 2515h is a good option.

What about the 2518d?
>>
>>61442955
Myself and a few other anons rate it quite well.

Personally I'm in it for how cheap it was when I bought it and 1440p at 25inches gives a decent pixel density at normal viewing distances, although I know some inbreds think it's too small.

Pretty decent all around, usb hub is useful, the DP cable it comes with isn't that great and the back ports are a bit cramped when fully loaded and a bit more back light bleed than I'd like but IPS sucks for that.

Otherwise it looks great for the price..
>>
>>61439354
They're both 16.78M color displays, not 1B+ like the PremierColor models.

HDR feature is likely a gimmick that barely makes any difference.
>>
Well thanks.

So I'll stick with the 2515h.

Perhaps, any other suggestion on some other monitor?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.