[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fastest android browser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: internet-globe.jpg (14KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
internet-globe.jpg
14KB, 256x256px
I've tried a few and though Puffin is probably the fastest I've used it's also the only one I can't seem to kill ads in.

Firefox is good but eats slightly more battery than Chrome. But if I could I'd rather not feed the botnet browser.

Have you guys got any recommendations?
>>
Lightning/Naked/Brave
>>
>>61432259
>Lightning
As slow(fast) as Chrome from what I can tell and I get to pay for my adblock? Yipee.

>Brave
Isn't Brave just Firefox with it's own adblocker glued on top?

>Naked
Never heard of it. Will try.
>>
>Naked
Runs okayish. Maybe a liiitle faster than the rest but holy crap is this thing ugly. I mean abysmaly so. Holy shit was th UI done in paint?
>>
>>61432368
>Isn't Brave just Firefox with it's own adblocker glued on top?
No, it's Chrome.
>>
>>61432368
>>>61432259 (You)
>>Lightning
>As slow(fast) as Chrome from what I can tell and I get to pay for my adblock? Yipee.
The full version is on F-Droid...

>>Brave
>Isn't Brave just Firefox with it's own adblocker glued on top?
It's Chrome, but it also has tracker/script blocking.

>>Naked
>Never heard of it. Will try.
Function > form, obviously not for you though.
>>
>>61432652
Android's webview to be precise, but yeah it's the same engine as Chrome(???) but lighter and faster and better interface
>>
I would recommend anyone to stay with Firefox, actually. Since Puffin is unaffected by hosts blocking and Override DNS settings, you'll have to suffer through ads and the like.
Brave Browser was the one I used the most on android for the past few months since it represented a good alternative to the laggy as hell firefox and the datamining chrome.
However when you discover that little trick called dom.ipc.process.count = 4 in about:config, firefox is actually really decent. (thanks /g/ ) I gave up the shitty chrome UI and never looked back. You have speed, addons and privacy. ( if you are caring enough to run a ungoogled custom rom followed by a custom kernel, that is. And this would be the beginning of privacy matters)

Firefox would be the perfect browser without SJW's trying to ruining it everyday.
>>
>>61432871

Naked functions like shit too

For a stripped webview skin might as well use the default
>>
>>61432871
/thread
>>
Brave is neat as fuck
The CEO is against degeneracy too so that's a plus for me
>>
so whats the whole botnet thing about
>>
Firefox Focus are fast af on my 3T
>>
>>61433924

Google monitors everything you do on Chrome.
>>
Just get rocket browser, it's free and fast.
>>
just installed nightly last night actually, liking it a lot more than canary
>>
>>61434533
Any downside? Just flashed a new rom and decided using icecat-browser now. Could'nt decide which one would be better. Focus or icecat. Maybe I'll try brave, too.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.