[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else thing the new FDroid UI sucks ass?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170717-010239.png (235KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170717-010239.png
235KB, 1080x1920px
Anybody else thing the new FDroid UI sucks ass?
>>
>>61416756
Did they improve download ?
>>
>>61416756
it has its pros and cons like having the 'categories' readily available and the ability to search for any application w/o the need to change the category.
>>
>>61416756
Did you really install F-Droid or some shitty chink clone with a bitcoin miner? Or are you on the latest branch?

I'm not seeing any F-Droid update from my F-Droid app, last version was in may, and the main release on the official website still has the old UI.
>>
>>61416844
this, i cant find this supposed "new version" anywhere either
>>
>>61416756
don't know bro i bricked my phone
>>
>>61416756
i like it.
>>
>>61416844
Bullshit, I downloaded the main release off the website last night and it has the UI changed. Wasn't available in the app
>>
>>61416756
it is horrible
and it looks like a chink store
>>
>>61416756
>new
It's been like that for months
>>
>>61416809
What about download?

>>61416835
I guess that's nice, but putting the navigation on the bottom feels tacky/strange. They could have opted for the drawer paradigm if they wanted to change up navigation. The alternating 2/1 columns on the 'latest' pane is absolutely disgusting too, and I don't get why the list of installed apps is tucked away in settings now. I honestly prefer the old UI in almost every way.

>>61416844
>>61417073
It wasn't in the updates section, but if you manually go to the FDroid page and open the version list it's there as v0.104

Not marked as beta or alpha or anything either.

>>61417337
Yeah that's the vibe I got too.

>>61417696
Per the above, it seems the update is only available if you seek it out manually. I had only just updated.
>>
Disgusting. Is it at least snappy?
>>
>>61417911
For me faster than old UI, but more buggy.
>>61417337
WTF It is more intuitive than previous one
>>61417874
installled apps in settings is big mistake
>>
>>61417911
I mean the animations don't lag or anything.

Just noticed when you select a tab on the bottom, the text and icon get bigger. It literally feels like FDroid has been hijacked by some shady chink company.
>>
>>61418021
>>>61417337
>WTF It is more intuitive than previous one

Maybe, but it seems half baked at best. I mean what the fuck is with that grayscale rectangle at the top of every page?
>>
And the rounded install buttons? It feels like the design has regressed by a half decade. Who is responsible for this?
>>
Guess I'll keep using 0.104 until the end of times
>>
Yeah, it's terrible.
>>
>>61416756
it is modeled to show ads
also the buttons on the bottom are iPhone1-tier design
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.