[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Programming language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: e3ce74b700cce73e5ea3b465e71d8998.png (377KB, 2000x2210px) Image search: [Google]
e3ce74b700cce73e5ea3b465e71d8998.png
377KB, 2000x2210px
Which programming language are you the most fond of?
>>
>>61407891
First for Scheme
>>
C
>>
>Which programming language is right for you?
>9/10 options land on Python
That image was made for women.

Golang for non-OOP
C# for OOP
C if I have the time to hunt down segfaults
>>
>>61407909
>>61407924
Both of these, as well as Python.
>>
>>61407891
I like Lisps a lot sadly the environment (package wise, implementation, etc.) is pretty horrible
>>
WTF I love Apple now.
>>
Python & Java are really fun and comfy
>>
>>61407891
D, Nim
>>
>>61407891
Java and PHP, because I need it the most at work.
> inb4 shitstorm
>>
>>61407891
Python <3
>>
C# and JS/TS and i'm good to go babes
>>
>>61410257
>having a job
lul
>>
>>61407891
C# & Python

I used to go "oh yeah, C# is just like Microsoft's Java" but then I got to use LINQ more frequently and dipped into ASP.NET and Razor syntax. LINQ by itself is a godsend. WPF is much more difficult than Winforms but it's got so many neat features. On top of that, even though Winforms is legacy, M$ did a great job of making Winforms an easy way to get something off the ground quickly. One thing I'm looking forward to doing is making my own LINQpad so no one has to pay Albahari's prices for the """premium""" features. It's a great program but I'm not shelling out THAT much for a REPL and LINQ playground.

I have a love-hate relationship with Python because "pythonic" is a cancerous word that shouldn't replace core programming principles and recommending it to EVERYONE starting out is a horrible idea (if i had to name one thing off the top of my head, list/dictionary comprehension is a shitty thing to introduce to people with no prior experience with programming), but it's great for doing small things quickly and interacting with databases. Tkinter is also a great way to get something with a GUI going in a day or two.
>>
Brainfuck is neat, but fucking useless.
>>
>>61408036
Clojure is the answer. To every thing.
>>
I work full-time with C++ so that
>>
>>61407891
How is there no option for COBOL?
COBOL devs earn the most.
>>
Not fucking Python. Why get rid of braces? Braces are good! Stupid Python. I hate it. Horrible documentation, horrible syntax, JavaScript 2.0.
>>
>>61407891
Perl, because fuck you
>>
>>61411076
>write-only language

You already said "fuck you" with Perl.
No need to repeat yourself.
>>
>>61410293
>(if i had to name one thing off the top of my head, list/dictionary comprehension is a shitty thing to introduce to people with no prior experience with programming)
The people making these graphics will never reach that, they just learn how to use a for loop and think they're hot shit
>>
>>61407940
>C if I have the time to hunt down segfaults
If your code causes segfaults, you're writing it wrong. Don't blame the language. Blame yourself.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.