[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Fashioned Weirdos in Technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 18

File: IMG_1434[1].jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px)
IMG_1434[1].jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
Is it just the area I live in (KY) that has a lot of these faux-mennonite types, or is it a common thing?

What I'm referring to is this trend where programmers and engineers will build houses in the country and try to live off the grid as much as they can. Even going to the extent of not having running water in their house. But at the same time be working in the tech industry and be interested in all manner of hacking and diy tech projects.

Have you ever met these people? Are you one of them?
>>
>>61406266
Never met one but I noticed that software engineers / programmers are often on the edges of society so it doesn't surprise me so much
>>
>>61406266
>white people
>>
>>61406266
bump for interest
>>
yep i'm one
comes from understanding how happiness and healthy really work
>>
new era of hipsters
>>
>that blonde in the background you know he gives him "special massages"
>>
>>61406502
>comes from understanding how happiness and healthy really work
Well go on, enlighten us
>>
>>61406707

not him but

>it takes very little to be happy, all that matters is the quality of your thoughts
>>
>>61406266
I'm one of them but I built my solar farm and ranch and it does have everything running fine. You wouldn't be able to distinguish it from any city home if you were on the inside. Other than the water pressure maybe being a bit lower.

I just have fun doing it though. And I have 43 head of bison currently. Just had 7 babies this year
>>
File: DSCN1029.jpg (3MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1029.jpg
3MB, 4608x3456px
>>61406900
>>
>>61406920
>>61406900
How did you get to this point?
>>
File: 1500229282544.jpg (26KB, 411x175px) Image search: [Google]
1500229282544.jpg
26KB, 411x175px
>>61406920
>>
File: DSCN1010.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1010.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>61407014
career wise, life wise, monetary wise? what do you mean?

hate humans wise? I was born hating them, which is why I browse this site.

>>61407026
mom's car what about it
subaru baja 2006 (last year they were made)

I have new pics of only the bison being born etc
other than that most construction ended last year.
>>
>>61406900
What state do you live in?
>>
>>61407026
>>61407060
never seen one
>>
>>61406900
>>61406920
>>61407060
very cool anon, this is my dream.
>>
>>61406621
>>61406813
Whom'st'd've are you referring to?
>>
>>61407060
do you also have a solar water heater? if so are they efficient?
>>
>>61407074
colorado
>>
>>61406266
I've met a few of them. They are very anti big government and identify as libertarian if they identify as any political alignment at all. Usually working on some kind of open source software, but not always. You will never find anything running Windows in their houses.
>>
>>61407323
no & not up there water is too cold during winter (I'm at 10k feet above sea level)

I'm not up there currently or I'd take a picture.. I have a big cast iron stove, it weighs about 900lbs. It has a fire area inside of it that's about 2ft wide by 1.5ft deep by 1.5ft tall which is pretty small for it's overall size. However it has a big water tank around 400gal in it which heats up as well as a big slab of cast iron on the top which I cook on the surface area is about 3ft by 5ft. It has a pump built in. when I built the barn/living space upstairs I ran copper pipe throughout the concrete foundation & the upstairs. I run it to this stove and I pump water through 3 zones and it heats up the floor so when you walk on it, it is warm. It also of course rises and heats the house. The house gets too hot while we have -40 (C & F are the same at this point) windchill outside I have had to open the sliders many times because it's too hot. It works extremely well & I basically only turn it on when cooking or sleeping sometimes very low

I'd recommend this over anything else if you're in a cold area of the world.
Colorado does have some of the best solar in the country so I've read though which is why I went with it for power. Though as you see my heating & cooking take no power so I try not to use much of power at all. My water does take a 12volt bladder pump that lasts months on a car battery though.

I'll find my paperwork for the stove. Sorry I'm old
>>
>>61406266
I live in NKY and have these aspirations
>>
>>61406266
Because of the low cost of living an relative remoteness Kentucky probably has a lot of these guys showing up.
>>
I live in Frankfort Ky, how many others from /g/ hail from here?. The Plant Board ISP fucking sucks btw. Ten Meg is as fast as you can get that's actually sustainable/worth the cost. Sure they offer higher speed but the bandwith just ain't there to feed everyone all the time. So you pay for shit you don't get.
>>
File: IMG_1471_2.jpg (1017KB, 1628x1892px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1471_2.jpg
1017KB, 1628x1892px
>>61406266
poor thing
wasting away there
>>
>>61407921
Why is she wasting away? Because she's not with Tyrone?
>>
>>61406266
Is this really a trend?
I'm aspiring to be one of these people. My wife and I are planning on buying ~100+ acres in West Virginia. We won't be living off grid, but minimizing drastically. I want to do small scale farming, raise an orchard, and hunt. I can get away with this because I'm getting enough expertise that I can work remotely wherever I want. I work in machine learning/analytics in the transportation industry. My coworkers think I'm insane, however.

People probably go to KY, TN, WV because it is both cheap and you have great growing seasons without the need for a ton of water (like California).
>>
>>61407921
lel they're in fucking Bolivia
at least everything is cheap as fuck there including land
>>
>>61407975
because from the look of it she is not even going to school but is taking care of the household
its kinda sad
>>
>>61407393
I know one that's in the win10 explorer program, but he might be an outlier. He checks everything else on your list though.
>>
>>61406266
Honestly while no running water sounds a bit odd I can understand the desire to go off the grid.

>>61406920
Looks comfy. I'd really want to do the same but shit like this is pretty much impossible in Germany I guess. Somehow buerocrats will try to fuck shit up.
>>
>>61408369
>this is pretty much impossible in Germany
why?
>>
There are a few reasons that I think this happens.
It might be similar to how some people eat a lot less fast food after they've worked in a kitchen. They know what really goes on back there and it disgusts them. In the tech sense it's not wanting to be a part of data mining and stuff.
There could also be a certain level of doomsday prepping going on because they know lots of ways all this shit could break tomorrow. They don't want to be dependent on technology at all when it happens.
Another thing is that people with a deep understanding of low level tech seem to be big hippies a lot of the time. This is just based on the people I know, but a lot of people who are into systems programming, networking, administration, etc are also into things like plants. This is opposed to people who work on higher abstraction layers like web devs who tend to be interesting in things like video games so they wouldn't want to go off grid.
>>
>>61406266
>Even going to the extent of not having running water in their house. But at the same time be working in the tech industry and be interested in all manner of hacking and diy tech projects.
How will they do this without a consistent internet connection? How can you do diy projects when the sellers of some of the things that you need will not agree to ship to your rural place? What will you do about money?

Does this mean i should move back to my parents in countryside? But the people there are insufferable.
>>
>>61406920
Is it possible in burgerland to just buy some land in the middle of nowhere and just build a house and stuff on it?
>>
File: 1499728142789.png (956KB, 1280x913px) Image search: [Google]
1499728142789.png
956KB, 1280x913px
>>61406266
You know you're white when living like you're dirt poor is a lifestyle
>>
>>61411386
Yes, typically only white people or others with lots of neanderthal genes are reflective enough about their lives and their role/place in the world to think beyond owning the latest nigger shoes.
>>
File: about_missionblminfographic_0.jpg (204KB, 904x573px) Image search: [Google]
about_missionblminfographic_0.jpg
204KB, 904x573px
>>61411296
Yes, we have so much land here that large swaths of it are owned by the government because no one wants it. It's not like you can't buy this land either; It routinely gets auctioned off to anyone that wants it. Living somewhat away from society on a homestead is very common in American history.

>>61411386
People are realizing they don't need consumerism to make them happy. Also they want to be self sufficient and larp as a pioneer.
>>
>>61406266
>actually wanting to live on the grid
Take a walk, normo.
>>
>>61406266
>Are you one of them?
I would be if I was capable.
It's not really about high tech, it's about having fun with tech. I have fun with my computer systems, I'd probably have fun with building an off-grid house.
>>
>>61411386
>being so fresh off the boat that you fell for the blatant consumerism meme with open arms
At least you'll impress all the other shitskins
>>
File: 1491246591108.jpg (76KB, 885x665px) Image search: [Google]
1491246591108.jpg
76KB, 885x665px
>>61408687
Public school attendance is mandatory and if the parents interfere with that they will lock you up if you do not comply. There's state approved private schools, but attendance is still mandatory. No home schooling.

All kinds of building codes and shitty laws, and a very high population density. You won't be able to escape from the ever growing government.
>>
>>61407060
Career wise..

What did/do you do for money? How much would I need to start living like this?
>>
Bump for cool thread.
>>
>>61408700
This. Developers realize the extent of stupidity in the software that runs the world, and how one of these days some bug added by a typical retard could cause total economic collapse.
And they often get paid well enough that they can afford such things, so why not? I hope to live off the grid as well, although right next to a megapolis since it's just too convenient.
>>
>>61411118
Satellite internet connection.
>>
>>61406266
I spent two years in rural Tasmania (Aus) with only electricity and phone on grid.
Drinking water was from rain tanks and washing/shower water was pulled from the river. Heating and cooking was from firewood and since it snowed each year was vital.
Had 100 head of sheep.
My letterbox was 1km away at the main road and used a PO box for parcels in the local town - 10k population.

Made main income maintaining websites over DSL.
>>
>>61406425
yep, when they get tired of playing hayseed they have the money to return to air conditioning and 24 hour convenience
>>
>>61406266
>common

Yes, every hacker from back in the day except for a few of them lives in the woods, on a commune, on a boat, on a farm or somewhere far away from technology. Cpt Crunch, aka Jon Draper the first notorious phone phreak lives in a trailer in the Nevada desert as a nomad.

Even Moxie Marlinspike spent like 2 years living on a boat without any technology before going back to the city.

Mostly this desire to live off grid comes from understanding what a bag of shit most technology is, and how harmful it is to life by ways of enabling spying, overstimulation, and sucking productivity.

That and most programmers can work remotely, so choose not to live in a shitty city spending their entire pay on a tiny postage stamp apartment surrounded by drug addicts and pollution/noise. The same amount of money it costs to spend one year renting in ShittyCon Valley will buy you an enormous acreage ranch in Georgia somewhere.
>>
>>61406266
> KY

you can do this where land costs $5

but almost all the jobs are in polluted beehive cities
>>
I aspire to be one of them.

I've been in suburban sydney all my life. I am working to get enough money so I can buy about 10 hectares somewhere nice and quiet, put a nice brick house on it and live off the grid as much as possible.

Solar panels & maybe a wind turbine if I can find a reasonable consumer grade one, into batteries. Diesel generator for backup. Biological sewage treatment, purified rain and bore water for drinking water. Hydroponic bed for growing loads of veggies and fruits.

>>61406920
>>61406900
That picture is beautiful, I am very envious.

Is maintaining a herd of beasts hard? I've never had any husbandry experience and it doesn't seem like something you can just dive into.

I really just wish I had somewhere to call my own and start a family away from the shithole that is sydney.
>>
>>61415383
>Mostly this desire to live off grid comes from understanding what a bag of shit most technology is, and how harmful it is to life by ways of enabling spying, overstimulation, and sucking productivity.

>That and most programmers can work remotely, so choose not to live in a shitty city spending their entire pay on a tiny postage stamp apartment surrounded by drug addicts and pollution/noise.

yep, 100%
>>
>>61412961
Yep, spending just a few months working for NCC Group, Optiv or similar type security consulting outfit and you will panic at the absolute state of our critical economic infrastructure as it's quite literally run by applying band-aids to prop up a system ready to collapse at any moment. 40 years of test/debug methology has produced a pile of junk, and we are still using the same methology to produce more junky abstractions on top of that ancient junk.

This shit runs our stock market, bank networks, power grid, everything. Some retard cut and pasting some old code out of an exploitable 90s library and propagating it's bugs into another program that is responsible for a national payroll system and crashing it with no survivors is quite common. Or a radar system, or anything really. Our world is run by shit on stilts propped up over quicksand.
>>
>>61407026
kek that's exactly what I imagined an IT redneck family would drive
>>
>>61411296
yeah man, burgerland is one of the prime places to do that. Can't find spaces like that pic in western europe without spending millions of $$.
>>
File: 1498843620614.jpg (196KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1498843620614.jpg
196KB, 640x619px
The second I save up enough money I'll be going full kaczynski mode.
>>
>>61415612
"In 1971, he moved to a remote cabin without electricity or running water in Lincoln, Montana, where he lived as a recluse while learning survival skills in an attempt to become self-sufficient.[12] In 1978, after witnessing the destruction of wildlands near his rural cabin, he concluded that living in nature was untenable and began his mail bomb campaign."

Fuck, I don't blame the fella. Just wants to be left alone in the natural world, but civlisation won't let him. In my mind his response seems rather reasonable. That concerns me a little.
>>
>>61415697
Now I feel I shouldn't have used his name. Now whichever obese NSA faggot been reading my posts will probably flag my as potential bomber.
FUCK
>>
>>61406900
Have you checked your bladder pressure? I recently had low pressure, I thought it was the pressure switch, turned out the bladder was pinholed.
>>
>>61411296
yea I did in colorado where the pics are from
however you need to get permit etc. all you got to do is design the buildings and then they allow you to do a permit
if you do a cabin like I did and say it's not living space, you can just build it.. but don't get caught living there.
>>
>>61407026
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSt5oHFQEXY
>>
>>61411668
inspections engineer for hospitals (while building) inspecting electrical, plumbing, construction, foundation etc

so building a cabin & a big barn wasn't new to me
>>
>>61411668
oh and to start living like this, at least in ranching land in Colorado you can buy about 160 acres (square half mile) for about 100k it isn't bad
if you ranch on it you can get most if not all of your money back in taxes, create a profitable ranching land with cattle or better yet, bison / lamb / literally anything other than stupid fucking cows & they'll give you money back. Cows work too but they're fucking terrible creatures. which is why poo in the loos probably like them.

if you successfully do create money or business with these (even if you only have 12 bison and sell 1 kill a year) you'll get your money back from the government for all of their expenses usually. especially here
and as far as property taxes go.. I pay around $20 a year. in the east coast it's like $20000
>>
No nigger No jew, look like a paradise
>>
File: DSCN1243.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1243.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>61415419
bison are very friendly, if you have them grow up with you, you can be feeding them etc
they always come around and say hi.
the ones in yellowstone (wyoming) kill people when they get close.

we've fed them well and talk to them etc they haven't ever hurt anyone. but they get spooked like cats very easy. jumpy guys!
watch out if their tails ever stick up etc you just want to back away and let them do their stuff. they're very very spooked and jumpy but if they are going at their own pace they are ok
>>
>>61406266
How do I do this? I've always wanted to fuck off into the woods or remote areas, but there are no tech jobs to let me do so and I don't think I've ever seen any tech related jobs that let me telecommute. At least not in networking. I guess long commutes? I like Kentucky, so I'd fuck off there if I could.
>>
>>61406425
>pajeet
>>
>>61406425
>Being a nigger or paki
>Any year
Must feel bad man...
>>
File: DSCN0556.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0556.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>61415419
also to add, to me... australia is a very disgusting place.
To basically take a massive area and live in two cities is very disgusting. you have sooo much land all over and nobody touches nor lives there. it is more disgusting than africa, honestly.
People should be much more spread out I think the world would be better and there would be a lot less chaos.

like you see tigers, alligators and shit be all nice to people when they're literally engineered to kill. You can either be part of your herd or you can just be some guy who strolls in every year to kill several of them
>>
>>61408138
>not being a degenerate is sad
sure thing urbanite
>>
>>61415725
I think my bladder pump has more psi than anywhere in the human body does
>>
>>61408369
>comfy
Motherfucker this dude toiled away outside building shit by hand, the fuck do you mean "comfy?" Your vocabulary skills are shit-tier.
>>
>>61408687
>why?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4376376/Camper-23-dragged-tent-raped-Germany.html
>>
>>61415724
Shut up.
>>
>>61416057
how progressive
>>
>>61406266
but then if you go rural then what's the point of being white ? rural life is inferior to modern life and it's only for backward nonwhites who can't afford to move to the west.

village, religions, marriages, gender roles, it's not what makes whites superior to others.
>>
>>61416124
I bet you aren't even white you weird fuck.
>>
>>61416159
correct. but not going ultra modern is downgrading your life and your culture.
>>
>>61406266
I'm glad that this is possible. This is exactly what I want to do in the future, work a tech job but live in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>61416124
found the nonwhi-
>>61416171
lel
>>
>>61416171
only thing we whites need is healthcare and good education system.
>>
>>61416281
why. modernism is the only reason whites are better than nonwhites. there's no anti-white tendency in my statement, what are you attacking on ?
>>
>>61416286
found the socialist.

the only thing any civilization needs is economic freedom, no government, and the drive to always be better than other people
>>
>>61406425
low IQ retard pls. why can't you find a website written by a non-white person to shitpost to?
>>
>>61416286
Fuck off. Healthcare was a mistake, and those who aren't novel enough to teach themselves will never benefit from education.
>>
>>61416313
>the only thing any civilization needs is economic freedom, no government, and the drive to always be better than other people
Those things would result in the death of anything that makes humanity worthwhile. As long as we have cities though, huh?
>fucking self-perpetuating psychopaths
>>
>>61416313
the statement i made was kinda vague.

i mean people shouldnt be afraid go to the doctor/college and be afraid of debt or if they have a serious injury.

They should only be charged money if they do something retarded like become 200 kilos or do retarded studies with no job potential.
>>
>>61416375
There's more to life than being a wage slave, you retard.
>>
>>61407781
I'm from somewhere in KY. Windstream is a better ISP if it is available to you.
>>
>Are you one of them?
I suppose so.
I'm one of those Australian neo-hippy bush doofers.
I live most of my life going to house parties, raves, warehouse parties, music festivals similar in nature to burning man and taking as many psychedelic drugs as my brain and body can handle. I even cultivate my own magic mushrooms and plan to go live in a hippy commune out in the bush and laze about taking drugs all day.
I'm also a computer systems engineer.
>>
File: 1476663928731.jpg (59KB, 680x655px) Image search: [Google]
1476663928731.jpg
59KB, 680x655px
>>61417263
>mfw ywn see another Bob Widlar in this industry now that the SJWs have taken over
>>
>>61406266
Not one of them but I do daydream about it a bit. Don't want my kids growing up into autistic robots so I'm going to have to work hard to keep them in touch with nature and tradition (even in the suburban hellhole in which we reside)
>>
>>61417263
>tfw you will never drop acid with raja ram again
>>
>>61406425
"""People"""
>>
>>61406266
>be /g/
>use linux
>diss on google, microsoft and apple for muh botnet and jewtool
>uses all of their services and buy hardware made to spy on them

yeah op, everyone here is exactly like you described.
>>
>>61408687
the only big wide space without people are in the woods or farm lands, and there you arent allowed to build, generally its pretty rare to find and permit to build an off the grid house which isnt 100m from some neighbors (maybe buy some old farm house)
>>
File: Luftwaffle.jpg (149KB, 328x474px) Image search: [Google]
Luftwaffle.jpg
149KB, 328x474px
>>61406266
>engineers will build houses in the country
Not really a new thing for engineers, engineers are practical folks that want space. You try doing stuff in a shitty flat in the middle of the city. The programmers that do the same are usually the software engineers, and do so for exactly the same reasons.

And then there are the fucking webdev hipsters doing it because "hurr muh healthy lifestyle look at me" shit mentality. Simply because it's a rural area doesn't mean you're getting cleaner air. Fuck them.

Personally I'd do it just to have a place away from everything. Though I'd probably spend my time building a massive bunker, rather than a shitty barn.
>>
File: 4L_qAMsSQpl.png (6KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
4L_qAMsSQpl.png
6KB, 500x500px
Do normies aspire to get out of the city too? Or do we just really hate society
>>
>>61406266
I know some of those, usually it's not an actual intellectual but a low tier engineer monkey. Maybe it's different in clapistan.
>>
>>61416029
Not that anon, but most of australia is uninhabitable desert, hence why not many people live outside the cities. Also
>it is more disgusting than africa
You're fucking kidding yourself mate.
>>
how the fuck are you going to get a tech job in the middle of nowhere? If you already are a remote employee what do you do if you get fired or somehow lose job?
>>
>>61417782
>actual intellectual
>>
I remember reading about an eccentric gamedev named Jason Rohrer doing the same thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Rohrer
>>
>>61417862
can't take the banter there bruce?

cheer up CHAMP.
>>
>>61406266
Yes I met one. I aspire to live that lifestyle as well.
>>
File: 1494858803270.png (824KB, 1831x890px) Image search: [Google]
1494858803270.png
824KB, 1831x890px
>>61418001
>>
>>61406266
shit like this makes me ashamed to be white
diy projects and home improvement is for brainlets
do well at your job, make money and relax at home
stop trying to act like you're some renaissance man
>>
>>61418141
>oy vey goyim! stay as a wageslave
spotted the botnet
>>
>>61418141
just cause youre a boring talentless idiot
doesn't mean we all should be
>>
>>61417993
you get two homes
>>
>>61418177
no i make plenty of money with my talents (self-employed for the retard thinking i advocate wage slavery) so I don't have some gaping sense of inferority where I need to build my own house and collect my own rainwater and other blue collar shit just to prove I'm a man
>>
>>61418087
Fug I fell for it, got me right and triggered.

>>61418141
What a weak fucking mindset. Yeah, just stay at home, don't do anything new or interesting, just keep working your life away. Money won't make you happy dickhead.
>>
>>61418216
diy projects are work too dumbass, these people spend their entire lives building their houses and gardens
>>
>>61418205
good for you mate. but everyone wants to achieve self accomplishment and always looking for challenges. whether its exploring or diy. it can be any inane shit for example shitposting on 4chan
>>
>>61418183
that just defeats the purpose of moving to a cheap rural side
>>
>>61411659
Then you must be a eurofriend who understands what's really going on when the other fags make fun of us, right?
>>
>>61415383
Also Steve Jobs, who lived on a commune in Oregon and maintained the apple orchard.
>>
>>61418141
>diy projects and home improvement is for brainlets
DIY guys like Matthias Wandel who used to be engineers at RIM back in the early days are smarter than you'll ever be.
>>
>>61416057
>one single incident happens
>better stay in my basement forever

This is how terrorists win
>>
>>61415724
>implying you weren't already
>>
>>61411659
you cant homeschool in germany
britain is a orwellian shithole but we can
>>
>>61416331
how about technology makes your life worth living and it was a product of people being driven to make something out of their superior aryan brain ?

>>61416375
doesn't answer to anything i said
>>
>>61415724
Did you somehow know about the unabomber's life but just didn't get up to the whole unabomber part?
>>
>>61417770
I absolutely loathe the northwest but the NWF and Cascadia flags always looked beautiful to me. Reminds me of Rhodesia with the green and white.
>>
>>61418710
>loathe the northwest
But why?
>>
File: hotbolt.jpg (98KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
hotbolt.jpg
98KB, 600x451px
>>61418722
My first heartbreak was a girl from Seattle and all the other people I've met from their are the quirky urban types. I'm one to talk though since I'm from New England and it has all the problems of the northwest with none of the open land.
>>
>>61415952

so how do you work, is it far away from your home

honestly living like this is my dream, I'm a electrical engineering student and even though I love what I'm doing I fucking big cities, many people that that whole ''it-pseudo-nerdy-atmosphere around me''

I grew up in a farm too, and didn't have tv until I was 12, so yeah I naturally flock to that too
>>
>>61418751
I'm from Portland but looking to get out to the more rural parts. Portland is cancer now but the rest of Oregon is quite pleasant, nice down-to-earth people, from communes to ranches.
>>
>>61418764

goddamn I wrote like a retard
>>
Do you have planning permission in the states?
>>
>>61418785
m-maybe I visit and sugg your dic. Shoot some guns and play some Shadowrun. As soon as I finish my degree I'm planning to move the hell out of Boston but I'm thinking either Arizona/Nevada/Utah or Alaska since I'm tired of hot summers and cold everything else and would prefer just having one extreme.
>>
>>61416329
Those exist?
>>
>>61414855
jelly, taswegia is fucking beautiful but the missus wasn't keen on living there

>>61415419
>tfw the price of a meth shack in some shithole sydney suburb would buy you a couple hundred acres of bush in central nsw or qld
as a victorian i'm kinda jealous but we're not quite as anti-gun down here
>>
>>61418764
I feel it, man. Electrical engineering students here as well, although I grew up in the burbs. I definitely feel that homestead life calling out to me, it would almost be like a test of your skills to really set up a comfy semi-off-grid, mostly self sufficient living situation
>>
>>61418854
NW Nevada looks nice, probably mild climate. and it borders Oregon, it would be cool to have visitors. Now I just need to find a way to fund myself.
>>
>>61418652
For me the "living in a woods fuck society" was always the more relevant detail of his life than sending explosives to random people.
>>
>>61406266
Yea, I'm sorta one. I don't work in tech but spent my youth obsessed with electronics and computers, studying the source code for bots, tearing apart anything that is broken or works perfectly just to know how it works and what can go wrong with it, and wasting years gaming.
Now I see it all as a waste of time and view modern society as fucking useless and every day people as nothing but nigger cattle consumer whore good goys.

I want a house in the woods where I can grow my own food for free and collect rain water and solar energy and shoot anyone who tells me that I cant.
>>
>>61418854
i want to see her dick too
>>
File: happy-baby.jpg (119KB, 375x289px) Image search: [Google]
happy-baby.jpg
119KB, 375x289px
i think spending so much of your time focusing on a tech-oriented career can develop an aversion to life-encroaching technology. you see how badly most things are hacked together and how easy it all falls apart so you don't want to depend on it.

personally i don't understand how people can get existed about hooking every single fucking thing in their house up to their smartphone. the thought of that actually terrifies me
Thread posts: 140
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.