[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Phishing ideas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: p03lcphh[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x640px) Image search: [Google]
p03lcphh[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x640px
I have program which does something I don't want to specify, but it's not anything brutal like ransomware, or credit card stealer. I obfuscated, encrypted and compressed the code into one 5MB standalone executable file and it works like charm, running silently in the background and it isn't caught by any relevant antivirus. I want to test it now "in the wild" out of curiosity, but I'm not sure how to convince the target to download and run it. I believe, nowadays most people younger than 50 are not stupid enough, to download something out of blue that arrives in their email like "new music player", or "get more ram".

So anybody with experience in this kind of shit willing to share some ideas? How is it usually done? I heard about embedding the code within PDF, but don't know if that will work. Also, I want to come up with a way I can directly target specific people, not just put it somewhere and wait for some random faggot to run it.

>inb4 stupid script kiddie
I coded it all by myself, including doing some research on things (this doesn't imply I'm considering myself a "hacker" or something). I don't intend to cause any damage, nor making money with it, just curious if I can make it work.
>>
>nowadays most people younger than 50 are not stupid enough, to download something out of blue that arrives in their email like "new music player", or "get more ram"
Yes they are, just put up some words like "closed beta" and they'll fall for it
>>
>>61402687
This may work for 12 years old on WoW, not college normies kids that doesn't care about tech besides facebook and snapchat.
>>
>>61402665
Not to be promoting anything illegal, but just for informations sake, targeted phishing has a very high success rate
>>
>>61402706
Never underestimate how stupid people are, when I was a freshman in FUCKING CompSci, half of my friends didn't know what file extensions were, I could give them an .exe, tell them it was a song and they'd execute it without knowing they were nuking their PC
>>
>>61402789
Well, I seriously doubt the specific people I have in mind aren't this dumb (I hope). I'm thinking the best for targeted phishing would be to create some pressure on them, making them to think they NEED to download it, but I can't think of anything plausible.
>>
>>61402665
What you could do is make your program a "botnet scanner", "cryptolocker protector" etc. Give it a fake scanning process and all.

Then host it on a professional looking wordpress site. Tell your victim about the latest cryptolocker virus, and kindly give them the "link" to the "protection" against it
>>
>>61404993
This looks like the book example "how to detect scam". Also I don't need to make it look like it's working. It can just give an error message that this system is not supported and they will just delete it. It's needs to be run just once, after that it doesn't matter what they do.
>>
Why would I share that with you.?

Just social engineering the weakest link is enough 90% of the time
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.