[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This can't go wrong!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20170716-010529.jpg (176KB, 1072x791px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170716-010529.jpg
176KB, 1072x791px
PLCs are industrial automation computers used in factories, chemical facilities and power plants etc.
>>
>>61394880
If he used SSH then whats the issue?
>>
>>61394934

PLCs should never be connected to the Internet.

What if his iPhone is compromised?
>>
>>61394934
The issue is that SSH should never be discoverable from outside the network - you should have to VPN in to access SSH.

Which he might have done, but historically PLCs that are set up this way are done so using the default admin/password from the factor, and they allow any external connections.

Shit like this is why SHODAN exists.
>>
>>61394934
>b-but IoT is seccure
You don't ever connect the internet to any embbed device. They aren't updated and maintanced regularly, nor are they ever wiped/reimaged.

I could not fathom putting any radio on it, let alone WiFi of all things. He'd be lucky if becoming a DDOS slave is the only thing that happens to his PLC
>>
>>61394976
I use a key file to SSH into a machine that's fully visible on the net. What's the problem?
>>
>>61394880
>without a computer
>using nothing but my iPhone
i dont thing this nigga should be touching any plcs at all
>>
>>61394976
>ssh
>password

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
I actually work at a chemical plant and I can assure you our PLCs don't let people fuck around with them from a cell phone.
>>
>>61395546
>These 'people' have access to PLCs nowadays

Hate to think where we'll be in twenty years,.
>>
>>61395297

Exploits and flaws which allow one to bypass the standard authentication processes.

... And the ability for 7 billion people to try to find the exploit or flaw?>>61395297
>>
>>61397146
>Exploits and flaws which allow one to bypass the standard authentication processes.
>use a 100x LoC VPN implementation instead!
I'll use SSH to create a tunnel for my VPN. Using VPN to let users on your network is fucking stupid.
>>
>>61395779
>Hate to think where we'll be in twenty years,.
If history means anything, still in your basement.
>>
>>61397300
optimistic
>>
>>61395297
>ssh is perfect software

stop with this meme

I just hope their netsec guy has a full PCAP of his shenanigans and he gets written up. The cynical side of me knows he is the guy in charge though
>>
>>61397228
seriously it's the same public key scheme either way, there's no hard distinction between ssh/vpn
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.