[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should a country's leader know how to program?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: trucode.jpg (63KB, 609x567px) Image search: [Google]
trucode.jpg
63KB, 609x567px
Should a country's leader know how to program?
>>
>>61392447
no, but the head of a technical branch should
>>
The only people who should know how to program are people who are fucking interested in it
Should you know how to build a house from scratch because you live in one?
No?
Then don't be a fucking idiot about everything else just because TECHNOLOGY
>>
>>61392447
Every person who "manage" people should know how these people do their job.
>>
>>61392447
>throw new ball
>throw new ball
>>
File: 1498406825817.png (568KB, 606x699px) Image search: [Google]
1498406825817.png
568KB, 606x699px
>western university students start IT education with putting colourful blocks together
>my first class at the surgical ward was "take the elevator to the basement and get dressed, you'll be assisting today"
>>
>>61394956
You're right we need equality. Next time you will be doing surgery on a brightly colored dumby made out of blocks
>>
>>61392447
>Should a country's leader know how to program?
Should he know how to cook, sew, knit, play a musical instrument, do mechanical repairs, sing?
All these are more important in the primary survival that coding. In fact, it's hard to imagine anything less important.
A century ago a coder might have worked on Jacquard's looms, if at all.
Accept the reality; coding is a serf-level vocation.
>>
>>61394956
>first day of first year chemistry lab
>cant smell for a week after sniffing HCl
>>
>>61396300
Why would you sniff HCl anon
>>
A country's leader should know how to lead.
>>
>>61396300
>first year chemistry lab
>HCl
Even respectable institutions don't let freshmen play with anything above 6M because they're idiot children with death wishes. Your nose was fine. Don't even start.
>>
the situation with coding is:

- its easy - define int, if/then - that's basically all there is to it. any normal person can do it.
- there are lots of arrogant asshole nerds who think they are the shit for being able to code
- there are also lots of retards who have an attitude to shy away from anything intellectual and thus aren't able to code
- just to complete this list, there are also a lot of lost souls and cluelesss retards that ask stupid questions on /g/ like "which language is the best / which language should i learn" and probably try to memorize all commands and do useless shit such as school tier stuff like sort algorithms and fizzbuzz and count some bullshit in strings and other dumb puzzles instead of simply working on real life applicactions, not knowing that all languages are the same shit and the language you use obviously depends on the application you working on.

did i miss anything?
>>
>>61394876
By the time the game ends there are 65000 balls.
>>
>>61396621
The average person can't even do basic algebra. While it's certainly false that programming requires very high intelligence the idea that a person of average intelligence can become a good programmer is also false.
>>
>>61392447
programming, bug tracing, problem solving changes your brain and your thinking abilities and help in other areas significantly.

For example controlled experiment in science and tracing a bug by changing one thing at a time, watching the output and isolating incorrect piece of code is the same activity.
>>
>>61392447
>when ball misses player
what did the drama teacher mean by this?
>>
>>61392447
/pol/ is 100% right about Canada.
>>
>>61392447
>Should a country's leader know how to program?

No, they should know politics and socio-economy, so they can keep their country strong and their people healthy and happy.
>>
>>61396780
that they are cucks?
>>
>>61392447
Justin Trudeau's a scam artist. He's a pretender. He memorized that speech on quantum computers and he lifted this "code" from somewhere as well.
He's a fucking moron.
>>
>Not scratch
>Not Python
>But litteral pseudo code, litteral fucking pseudo code
Might as well just say
"Ay compuper can u make game for me? Yeah thanks."
>>61394876
I don't even see anything saying to kill the cureent ball
>>
>>61396770
He took quantum something, so when the ball misses it splits and creates 2 universes, one where the ball passed on the left and one where the ball passed on the right.
>>
>>61392447
No, he should know how to run his country.
>>
>>61392447
Well, no, but a leader that changed majors sets off some alarm bells. They are either retarded, lack foresight, or are impulsive. All bad traits in a leader.
>>
>>61396300
>he wasn't taught how to waft
>>
File: loong_sudoku_solver.jpg (46KB, 420x720px) Image search: [Google]
loong_sudoku_solver.jpg
46KB, 420x720px
>>61397015
Compare and contrast.
https://www.geek.com/apps/singapores-prime-minister-wrote-a-sudoku-solver-and-shared-it-on-facebook-1622095/
>>
>>61394956
You know this is how we teach third graders right
>>
>>61397220
read the picture in the OP
>>
>>61396712
>The average person can't even do basic algebra
average CS undergrad? I agree
>>
>>61396908
That they should be banned forever from this realm.
>>
>>61399198
But that was /a/ after /spa/
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.