[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a decent PS3 emulator?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

Why isn't there a decent PS3 emulator?
>>
>>61381488
PS3s are cheap. Stop being a poorfag and stop being autistic.
>>
VLC can play blu-rays just fine
>>
https://rpcs3.net/
>>
>>61381521
I don't own a TV tho...
>>
>>61381542
I said decent.

That thing is a piece of shit.
>>
>>61381488
>want to play MGS3 and 4
>no PS3, no can do :(
MGS:V is not a true MGS game.
>>
>>61381593
TVs are cheap too. Go to your nearest Goodwill or thrift/charity shop and pick up a 20-30" LCD TV for like <$30.
>>
Though based on power PC, the cell processor had a unique instruction set and that makes reverse engineering and translating code far harder.
>>
>>61381488
It's a complex system that most likely isn't fully documented
>>
>>61381789
MGS3 is on the PS2 (which has emulators for the PC) Xbox 360 and the 3DS.

>>61381488
programming games for the PS3 was extremely difficult, which was the main reason for it having very little games on it's early years. The reason for that difficulty was the OS/Kernel itself, designed in a very unusual way compared to the PC and other consoles. Emulating that complexity is a living nightmare.
>>
>>61381878
But the graphics are not the same.
>>
>>61382029
of course not. If you care about visual quality the xbox360 version wins. If you want innovative gameplay instead, the 3DS version wins. If you want the original experience, obviously the PS2 wins.

source: I've played them all.
>>
>>61381593
Use your monitor
>>
>>61382075
How do you play MGS4 without a PS3?
>>
>>61382128
I thought we were talking about MGS3?
>>
>>61381488
It's CPU is shit, that's why. It's one proper core and then like 6 floating point cores. It's a fucking bitch to emulate. It's also a bitch to develop for.
>>
>>61381878
The reason for the difficulty was the Cell CPU being a piece of shit.
>>
>>61382142
Both. I like MGS in general, but I do not own any consoles. MGS1 on PS1 emu, MGS2/3 on PS2 emu, and MGS:V on PC. What about 4?
>>
>>61382128
Youtube, there's so little gameplay
>>
The real travesty is that the PS3 still isn't universally hacked. In 2017, it should be like the PSP and you can just install cfw on any version.
>>
>>61382176
you're screwed, you need a ps3 unless you wait for sony to release a digital PS4 compatible version (prolly gonna happen within the next couple of years considering the PS3's age)

fun fact: MGS2 has a native PC version that looks and plays way better than the PS2 emulation.
>>
>>61382211
>MGS2 has a native PC version
Tried torrenting it a couple of times, and the files had a virus. Cannot find a place to purchase this legally.

Sony does not want my $$$. Or maybe it is Konami.
>>
Better question, why doesn't a PS4 emulator exist yet? Doesn't it basically use two underpowered laptop APUs that have been bolted together?
>>
>>61382289
>PS4 emulator
What PS4 full exclusives are there?
>>
>>61382320
bloodborne

need I say more?
>>
>>61382345
Some googling also shows:

-Uncharted 4

And maybe the upcoming Death Stranding, if Kojima lets go of his senses.

Is it worth it to have an emulator for 2 games?
>>
>>61382320
I want to play the FF12 remaster.
>>
>>61382320
Idolmaster Platinum Stars
>>
what about rpcs3
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.