[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11625 /new-intel-kaby-lake-pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Intel.jpg (883KB, 2560x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Intel.jpg
883KB, 2560x1706px
http://www.anandtech.com/show/11625/new-intel-kaby-lake-processors-spotted-i3-desktop-u-series-soc-and-a-xeon

>Skylake-X has 58 SKUs
>Kabylake-U has 22 SKUs
>80 Total SKUs

Zen displaced Intel's monopoly overnight, so they're gonna flood the market with so many generics to saturate the market and outsell AMD by sheer attrition. The devastation for Intel must be absolute.
>>
>>61378531
>outsell AMD by sheer attrition
Ha ha wat?
There's like two Intel SKUs that are selling and are actually worth something.
>>
>>61378531
Intel has been doing this for fucking ever, they have always been shit, console babbies are finally realising their e-celeb endorsed Intel+nVidia build is an overpriced piece of trash and jumping ship.
>>
>>61378755

What. Did you not look at the article? There's 22 variants of the same architecture for Kabylake-U. Skylake-X has 58 variants across a wide variety of configurations, with shit disabled for some and not for others.
>>
They need to keep releasing so many SKUs to meet demand. People want reliable Intel CPUs in their system. Ryzen is a minefield.
>>
>>61378531
>7350k retails for 170 burgers
Why.
>>61378830
All these SKUs are fucking pointless.
They are not going to sell more shit due to having moar SKUs.
>>
>>61378845

My mistake with the opening post, I failed to mention a word: attempt.

Intel is going to ATTEMPT to saturate the market with bogus SKUs so that people see Intel more than they see Zen, with a hope that this will lead them to buy an Intel product over Zen.
>>
>>61378845
>Why.
Because retards will by an overclockable i3 even though a locked i5 provides better performance.
>>
File: DnwzoG1s.jpg (42KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
DnwzoG1s.jpg
42KB, 502x502px
>>61378842
Yum yum.
>>
>>61378875
All it's going to do is lead to marketplace confusion.
>>
>>61378875
>that people see Intel more than they see Zen
AMD announcing pricing on TWO Threadripper SKUs created more hype than the entire jizzlake lineup.
Intel is fucked, they lost the mindshare.
>>
SKL-SP is the second disasterous launch in a row.
What's next, Covfefe Lake with a new socket?
>>
>>61378915
No, people are just bored with core architecture.
>>
>>61379020
Intel has nothing else.
There's no mobile P6 derivative to save them now.
And their new arch is chopping shit from x86 to "make it faster". Biggur vectors?
>>
>>61378894
Epic memes won't change the fact that I'd never recommend Ryzen to my friends and family, or indeed anybody asking for advice online. You just can't be sure it'll work, with so many bugs and issues still unresolved. In many cases, the system won't even boot due to the platform's poor RAM compatibility.

Say what you like about Intel, but their products are reliable and field tested.
>>
>>61379072
You are a walking Intel marketing slide.
>>
I hope this bullshit backfires on them.
>>
>>61379035
That doesn't change that there's nothing new in the core architecture. It's just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. While Threadripper and Ryzen are all new. So they are exciting to learn about and report on.

Intel still has a ton of mindshare.
>>
File: ??.jpg (40KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
40KB, 640x423px
>>61379005
>What's next, Covfefe Lake with a new socket?
>>
>>61379072
0.01 shekels have been deposited in your account, soap boy.
>>
>>61379072
t. Brian JUSTnich
>>61379131
>Intel still has a ton of mindshare.
Where?
>>
>>61379072
working for a bigger hardware shop so far build around 200 pcs with ryzen inside the only problems we had with them where like up until a month after release with 3000mhz ram but that is gone for a long time now....other than that we and our costumers never had problems with it.
>>
>>61379144
>Where?

If you need me to answer that crawl out from your dungeon, faggot and look around.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.