[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does technology make people less compassionate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled-1.png (15KB, 935x274px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
15KB, 935x274px
There's a lot of name-calling and gratuitous antisocial behavior online that you don't see outdoors.
>>
It might be my pink-rosed goggles but I'm pretty sure it hasn't always been like this. Noticed a shift change during 2013-2014.
>>
>>61377199
You don't see it as much on services where peoples' real names are directly attached to their posts. Just saying.
>>
the only people that get offended on the internet are post y2k generation. those who understand the internet are aware of the fact that it doesn't mean shit to insult and also write freely. the internet never meant to be a serious platform.
>>
>>61377538
You say this but if you posted on newsgroups or bulletin boards the same way most people post on 4chan or reddit these day you'd get banned for flaming in a heartbeat.

The idea that having netiquette is somehow a bad thing because it infringes on your "free speech" to not be able to call someone a monkey fag nigger because they use tabs instead of spaces is definitely a VERY recent phenomenon.
>>
>>61377199
No. It just makes people more honest.
>>
>>61377538
This is laughably not true, before 1993 it was expected people would be nice to each other. You don't shit where you eat. Not to mention most people got on through school or work before AOL so your superiors would be able to tell if you were being a little shit
>>
>>61377821
of course. i am talking about those who have actually used the internet before 2000s in the framework of post y2k.
>>61377911
>arpanet was nice and literary!!!
what i said above. i have always understood some sites demanded that you be nice to people but those were object oriented like tom's hardware, not like reddit. my point is that nobody should get offended on a social network website and attempting to regulate speech is a stupid idea.
>>
>>61377199
You don't see it outdoors because the antisocial shitposters don't go outside, duh!

Jokes aside, I do think everything has gone to hell. Perhaps it's the fact that communication is much more indirect nowadays, so people can't gauge what impact their comments have, thus making them unnecessarily mean. Or perhaps it is the culmination of an unhealthy way of life. Who knows. Text based communications are also really lacking, so it's easy to appear rude unless you fill your posts to the brim with emoji.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.