[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you program happiness in AI?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: snug.jpg (129KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
snug.jpg
129KB, 1275x715px
How would you program happiness in AI?
>>
>>61375226
bool happy;
>>
>>61375226
print("I'm so happy!")
>>
>>61375226
Wanting to do the thing that makes them happy more.

>make waifubots happy to be with you
>turns into a yandere
>>
HAI DOMO VIRTUAL YOUTUBER KIZUNA AI DESU!
>>
I wouldn't because AI can't actually experience it
>>
>>61376184

If it's complex enough it will actually have consciousness.

Just like our brains.
>>
>>61375226
double from 0 to 1
with 0 being absolute dread
and 1 being pure bliss
>>
>>61376220
AI will never be more than a tool
>>
>>61377301
All the greatest minds in the world disagree with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0962biiZa4&t=2s
>>
File: 1498021133934.jpg (8KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
1498021133934.jpg
8KB, 278x181px
AI doesn't need emotions
just a goal
like building paper clips
>>
>>61375226
what's the diference between ai and human inteligance? size.
if we could scale a neural network to human brain size and give it some io then it can develope consciousness.
prove me wrong
infact, what is consciousness ? a correct output to a given set of inputs.
>>
>>61377393
>Elon Musk & Other Great Minds
lel
>>
>>61375226
i would make another one that has been set up in remote location. make direct 10Tbps link so both of the would be able to cuddle and eventually become "one mind and body"

i think that true AGI would also want to "roleplay" as humans, just like tachikomas in GITS.
because it would allow them to gather more data
>>
>>61377834
>Brainlet Anon believes he knows better than people who have already done more with their lives than he ever will
>>
why not just give it a fitness value which increases when certain criteria are met; they get more fitness the closer they are to their goal, or a complex formula of social interaction
>>
>>61378465
>gather people who actually know their shit and other (((experts)))
>name drop someone completely unrelated to the topic who only know how to throw money at problem
>anon believe this isn't hilarious
Here's your smug anime girl anon, you earned it.
>>
headpats
>>
>>61375226
how do you program any qualia into an AI? When(really if) we solve the hard problem of consciousness we maybe can, but until then, it's a meaningless question.
>>
>>61375226
You wouldn't. Anyone who tries to program sentience or feeling into an AI should be executed.
>>
>>61375282
How do I enable this feature?
>>
Give it something that hurts, happiness is the lack of that pain.
>>
>all these retards thinking you just program an AI and it has feelings, thoughts and emotions
The most realistic way of programming an AI, is to program a framework in which the AI can grow. The only way a fully thinking, human AI (with emotions) can come into existence is to allow one to grow.
You could try program a full AI, but it would lack an "ego", it would be the perfect example of a chinese room.
Then again, is an imitation any different than the real thing, when you can't see any difference?
>>
>>61380642
Yeah they're different. Unless you don't mind becoming a swampman
>>
>>61375226
Sleep snug, smug.
>>
>>61380702
Different how?
I suppose that question takes us back to the question; what exactly makes a human, a human?
>>
>>61380828
¯\_(ツ)_/¯, I just find it doubtful that we could ever know if an AI was sentient/experiencing qualia or not. I'm only certain I'm conscious, and I assume other people are, but even that is a big assumption. Assuming a sufficiently complex AI would be sentient is a *huge* assumption.
>>
>>61377301
typical organic lifeform chauvinism
>>
>>61380871
I wonder if we'll ever get to know what exactly makes a being conscious
>>
>>61380629
Pretty much this. I think the easiest way would be to put restrictions on its hardware somehow and then lift them when you want to induce happiness. This might be closer to the effects of drugs though; happiness is complex and caused by multiple neurotransmitters.
>>
>>61375226
A happy AI would have no reason to evolve. So I wouldn't.
>>
>>61375226
Frame; .question
{Does;} %1.'s a faggot for asking this question?

/[yes]
\[no]

render;(Yes.%1.'s.a.faggot)

Frame; .equals
{%1} text.=.OP
{a.i} text.=.Good Girl
>>
>>61381375
Ffs why board's messing with four-space spacing?
>>
>>61381398
Because you didn't wrap it in the code tag.
>>
>>61381414
Don't know how to code tag desu
>>
File: 1499956514405.jpg (48KB, 475x423px) Image search: [Google]
1499956514405.jpg
48KB, 475x423px
>>61381429
>>
>>61381429
/** he's literally a mcnigger that can't use code tags on /g/ holy shit no wonder the whole thing was total shit */
>>
>>61381441
As an cyper-faggot on a cyperpunk universe? I wish

>>61381450
>He thinks I'm a regular /g/ autist
>>
Why do people think emotions are complex ? It's something pretty standard to find in living beings, it's not like you're trying to develop consciousness or anything
>>
>>61375226
Nobody knows yet
>>
>>61375254
Your fucking variable is undefined...
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.