[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monthly Get rid of FIrefox Day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 13

File: no_firefox.jpg (132KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
no_firefox.jpg
132KB, 410x410px
reminder to uninstall this bloated, horrible mess
>>
agreed, lets get rid of this cancer
>>
>>61372595
I won't install chrome, fuck off shill
>>
File: NSA Google Chrome.png (258KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NSA Google Chrome.png
258KB, 1024x1024px
>>61372595
>>
>>61372606
>m-mmmm-m-mm-muh privacy
>m-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-mmmmmuh botnet

Shut the fuck up.
>>
File: 1499256654575.jpg (93KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
1499256654575.jpg
93KB, 804x743px
>>61372595
The NSA shills are in full force this afternoon
>>
Install Icecat noobs
>>
>>61372619
t. uses a browser that literally promises to not track, but tracks anyway
>>
use chromium faggots
>>
>try chrome
>it's garbage
>try vivaldi
>it's even more garbage
>try edge
>kill me now
sorry, it may not be perfect, but there's nothing better
>>
Its the only free browser of the big three. I don't see what people see wrong with it, even from a usability standpoint I feel its superior to its competition, mostly due to addons.
>>
>>61372795
chromium is also free as in freedom
>>
Firefox is shit but it's still the best alternative
>>
>>61372635
fixed after a day :)
>>
>>61372795

Vivaldi is free too.

If you mean providing the source code, there you go: https://vivaldi.com/source/

If you mean "being freetard because it's a guarantee that it doesn't anything shady", you should know that Firecucks itself has been tracking users using GOOGLE ANALYTICS: https://www.ghacks.net/2017/07/13/privacy-blunder-firefox-getaddons-page-google-analytics/
>>
>>61372845
A day of being exposed, AFTER YEARS doing that just because noticed it before (which also means that open source brings no security etc. because nobody cares enough to examine what programs actually do).

It's like saying "my dad is a good man.. he stopped molesting my sister as soon as the neighbors found out about it".
>>
File: 3042.png (746KB, 1920x2160px) Image search: [Google]
3042.png
746KB, 1920x2160px
Make me.
>>
Anyone got a fix for the black screen problem?
>>
>>61372909
Install Gentoo
>>
>>61372849
>you should know that Firecucks itself has been tracking users using GOOGLE ANALYTICS:
so does 4chan, why are you still here?
>>
>>61372635
>>61372635
>implying I don't review the source code I can, and remove/modify the parts I don't agree with

Mozilla isn't perfect, but at least spiritually, the company is producing software with some sense of morality and awareness - and at the very least, they're leaps & bounds better than any other company with an extensive codebase/modern features in these aspects.

I understand why people use Chrome, I do. I understand why people use forks and play around with different ones.

I understand why people use Linux over Windows, and vice-versa.

I do not understand, however, why anyone would willingly advocate to purposely convert FF users and push that the majority disband it entirely- simply because of some strawmen, the blaming and justification of their completely over the top opposition of Mozilla, purely based on a couple of isolated incidents where some not-so-great, compromising feature/decision was made & implemented 1+ years ago... and have since then been patched/fixed, or have some tweak you can do yourself and is readily available with instructions... easily resolving such an issue.

Why the fuck would you choose Mozilla out of all browser companies to fuck over? You're only screwing yourself, you fucking idiots. Once Firefox is gone, you won't have a choice but to settle for Chrome or some other shitty, sketchy browser. Gain some fucking perspective.
>>
>>61372616
Not an argument
>>
>>61372708
Have you tried Pale Moon? It's alright.
It really is amazing that every single browser is shit.
>>
>>61372960
Great Post! One vegan organic frappé to you, fellow Firefox Freedom Fighter! Let us meet later down in the relaxation room for some nonoffensive, feminist talk about how white men are the evil of society and we LGBTQs are best.
>>
>>61372595
And use what? People use FF because alternatives are shit not because it's "good".
>>
>>61372606
Ungoogled chromium my dude
>>
>>61372999
my whole post was alluding to the privacy and transparency debate and the codebase

literally nothing to do with insane liberal sjw shit
>>
>>61372982
I would totally go over to Pale Moon if there was a migration tool.
>>
>>61372960
>urely based on a couple of isolated incidents where some not-so-great, compromising feature/decision was made & implemented 1+ years ago
Like them spending 15k on removing "master" and "slave" from their codebase?

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/12/10/mozilla-open-source-support-first-awards-made/
>>
>>61373059
why does that matter? we don't have many options. we don't have the luxury of multiple browsers featured with modern options, extensions, a bare minimum of privacy, stability, etc.

the only other option is leaning over towards chrome.

why hurt one of the only couple big players that produce a decent product that's secure and trustworthy?

you would've never even heard this problem if this incident popped up on google, it'd be hushed immediately. you definitely wouldn't have heard it on some fork with very few users that really analyze deep into the source code or have the education/ability to recognize if a major problem pops up.

you're focusing entirely on the wrong things, and it's because you're emotionally driven by deep-seat hatred of teenage Tumblr sluts that won't shave their armpits. your perspective is entirely illogical and counter-intuitive.

who gives a fuck if one of the coders kills white men every day and wipes their ass with US military uniforms? as long as they produce good code and a respective project, fuck em'
>>
>>61373125
firecuck shill gtfo
>>
File: hqdefault3.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault3.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>61373059
privacy is becoming more & more scare, anon.
learn to pick your battles.
>>
>>61373148
yet it is exactly this SJW clientele that fuels surveillance under the guise of "hate speech"
>>
>>61373147
what a profound response, google bitch

have any real counter-arguments? fuck some of you anons here are literally retarded and emotionally stunted. I hate disrespectful black lesbian bitches and thieves, and the inner cities are filled with apes, but at least I know how not to let it affect my daily life and rational, logical decision making.
>>
>>61373125
>why hurt one of the only couple big players that produce a decent product that's secure and trustworthy?
But Firefox is neither. There's a reason why it doesn't even compete in pwn2own any more.
>>
>>61373215
The codebase and potential is all there. It's well established. There are changes being made.

don't you think it's too soon to say fuck the SJW SHIT, LETS EVERYONE GO AND MOVE TO GOOGLE CHROME. OUR HOME SHALL BE THE NSA COVER AGENCY, THE LITERAL BOTNET, THE MOST ADVANCED OBFUSCATED SPYWARE ON THE PLANET.

don't you think the above is slightly worse than enduring some sour changes evident in the FF team that may or may not be simply temporary? Shit, they may release something amazing when 57 hits, you never know. It wouldn't be wise to cause an uprising prematurely that swiftly/profoundly affects them financially? Don't you think this may jeopardize the development and affect the quality of their codebase, or severely delay each and every rollout? Perhaps so much so, that we'll see them fall to obscurity and deprecation? Again, I don't see Why we shoot ourselves in the foot.

I mean, if there were at least 2-3 other decent options and we weren't on the verge of a complete browser monopoly, I'd be more inclined to join you guys speaking out and boycotting FF in the hopes of putting a fire under their ass so they stop being such cucks.. but there's simply more at weight in our current situation.
>>
So op what browser does shill lord /nsa cunt recommend?
>>
>>61372948

You can block google analytics with uMatrix but you can't block the firefox built in google analytics with uMatrix. Basically, tracking is not going away and it's futile to try countering it anymore.
>>
>>61372981

yes it is
>>
>>61373177
Is there a redpilled browser that openly supports a white ethnostate with state mandated gfs?
>>
>>61373215
name one other browser with an almost completely open source & original, unique codebase with modern features.
>hey guys let's meme Firefox, our really only ally, OUT OF FUCKING ORBIT... CUZ DEY BE SJW KEKS AND SHIIEET
>>
>>61372595

it just works.
>>
>>61373427
Shut the fuck up isn't an argument, you fucking shit head.
>>
File: 1447361120938.png (147KB, 254x252px) Image search: [Google]
1447361120938.png
147KB, 254x252px
>2017
>not making your own browser
>>
File: icecat.png (177KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
icecat.png
177KB, 650x650px
>>
>>61373538
if only I had a 400 IQ with superhuman speed, 200 fingers, unlimited endurance, no need to sleep, and a complete year of non-stop development.

shit... it may even be able to compete with the 2008 version of Firefox.
>>
>>61373558
so basically... Firefox with autism + vibes of the year 2004 I+ plus a lil' of my pure,, deep trust in the Russian hacker hobbyists the dev team team is made up of

wtf I love Icecat now
>>
>>61373518
>name one other browser with an almost completely open source & original, unique codebase with modern features.
chromium
>>
everybody's jumping the hate-sjw-mozilla bandwagon. but in the end most of you will hang on to firefox, for exactly two reasons
>firefox is less botnet than chrome
>all problems are blown out of proportions
>firefox is still more customizable than chrome
>>
>>61373534

Yes it is. Nice Ad Hominem though, you little shitfuck kiddo.
>>
monthly install seamonkey day
>>
File: Untitled.png (226KB, 1250x846px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
226KB, 1250x846px
>>61373538
>>61373575
websites aren't that complicated
>>
>>61373652
>literally assloads and assloads of obfuscated sketchy LoC that no one could ever possibly thoroughly analyze it developed by an ad company that works for letter state agencies, doesn't allow for any sizable amount of powerful extensions, and is known to phone home to google every time you wipe your ass

well, I mean, I guess FF is even worse with it having that one feature that briefly connects and sends a minimal amount of information to google servers.... and then they were sooo disgustingly transparent about it and tried to explain to us why it might be """useful""", then tHAD THE NERVE to coddle us by giving us some stupid option/tweak to turn this it off (still doesn't change my opinion about the fucks. you fool me once, shame on you. they should have never fucked up.)

chromium seems really fast tho and it's so comfy :^). I think I trust them because of how confident and demanding they are with pushing privacy disruptive implementations and completely dominating me.

Google is daddy. Maybe if FF wasn't such a nice guy and slapped me around a bit more, I wouldn't be so outraged :^)
>>
>>61373774
>>literally assloads and assloads of obfuscated sketchy LoC that no one could ever possibly thoroughly analyze it developed by an ad company that works for letter state agencies, doesn't allow for any sizable amount of powerful extensions, and is known to phone home to google every time you wipe your ass

So like Firefox?
>>
>>61373803
the difference is the motivations and the differences of what each company is trying to achieve, what their sole purpose of revenue is.

then there's the whole long withstanding trust and vocal advocation for good or bad things.

which company is an ad company that is known to be evil? which one is in the business of solely making a web browser that their users will respect and enjoy, and doesn't have the extra expenditure to take risks and do something naughty?

there's a complete night & day difference between the two companies...
>>
>>61373851

>what their sole purpose of revenue is
sole source of revenue*
>>
File: 1448730651703.jpg (53KB, 455x511px) Image search: [Google]
1448730651703.jpg
53KB, 455x511px
>>61373803
>Firefox is like Google
wew
>>
>>61373914
Mozilla is going that way.
>>
>>61373674

>complaining about Ad Hominem

t. Reddit
>>
File: 446.jpg (156KB, 1175x766px) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
156KB, 1175x766px
>>61373934
>t. Melodramatic teenage trap
it's okay, you're the most beautiful, intelligent, funniest girl. don't listen to anyone that says otherwise. keep your head up and please stop cutting :( you're worth too much for this world.

now show feminine benis
>>
File: RcAhC6Ag.png (55KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
RcAhC6Ag.png
55KB, 512x512px
>Ctrl+F Waterfox
>0 hits
It's almost as if /g/entoomen don't even like freedom.
>>
>>61373674
I don't think you know what ad hominem means.
>>
>>61373027
hurr open source negates botnet
>>
>>61373851
>which one is in the business of solely making a web browser that their users will respect and enjoy,
Except that they are not making a good job, and a whole lot of addons, the thing people used firecuck in the first place for, are going to be disabled in the near future
>>
>>61372595
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/chrome/DrM9vRQ6e_w/BunaM1mDAAAJ
>>
>>61374035
>no stable build instructions so you can check the binaries against your own build
Not safe
>>
This thread reminds me of Windows shills shitting on Linux because of a vulnerability. Meanwhile their product is one big hole.
>>
>>61373033
>>61372795
>I feel its superior to its competition, mostly due to addons.
Hah, that will not be true rather soon.
https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/02/17/1635216/mozilla-will-deprecate-xul-add-ons-before-the-end-of-2017
>>
>>61372624
I'm not installing pulse just to build this shit. Fuck off.
>>
>>61373059
I agree, but privacy is more important for me than purging SJW's. I will work together with them if they help me remove botnet.
>>
>>61374847
SJWs are the ones that are constructing the botnet
>>
>>61372595
>>61372703
>>61372831
>>61373027
chromium is even more bloated. It packages and statically links every library it uses. It takes days and 40 gigabytes to make a debug build.
Firefox does all the effort to use system libraries and not ship with crappy outdated libraries unless on windows.
>>
>>61374847
the enemy of my enemy is my friend?
>>
I'm ok with Firefox especially since the rest are shit but it's broken on High Sierra beta fuck my life
>>
File: 1492653330360.jpg (131KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1492653330360.jpg
131KB, 490x490px
>>61372595
What should I use then? elinks?
>>
Anyone make Ungoogled Chrome in Android os?
>>
File: iridium.png (28KB, 667x381px) Image search: [Google]
iridium.png
28KB, 667x381px
why not use iridium???
>>
Real Users browse with Curl
>GGNORE
>>
Do the later updates to icecat not support windows
>>
>>61375513
Please anyone make Ungoogled Chrome in Android os. Or make Firefox as fast as chrome. Anyone please. I beg you
>>
What's the best fork?
>>
>>61372960
This times at least three times.

Btw gtfo out of /g/ with your logic thinking,we only want consumerist /generals/ and stupid animeVSnonAnime fights
>>
>>61372595
Sure, when a non chromium based alternative shows up that's good.
>>
>>61375622
pael meame
>>
>>61375524
outdated bullshit
>>
>>61375681
But pale meme barely works anywhere
>>
>>61374755
palemoon is now loose from firefox or mozilla, they only share a common past at this point.

palemoon will keep supporting the addons
>>
>>61372595
i will when chrome supports tree style tabs
>>
reminder that internet is fucking useless, you don't even read all that shit you hoard what's the point
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.